New LRS

Aug 13, 2019
Foley Al USA
Put on my new LRS 8 inch flattop windshield today. Rode this evening to a local resturant/bar and it seems to do the job. My wife said it was a big improvement for her. Of course, it's 70 degrees here on the gulf coast of Alabama, so it should be all I need.

Put on my new LRS 8 inch flattop windshield today. Rode this evening to a locing to yard sale al resturant/bar and it seems to do the job. My wife said it was a big improvement for her. Of course, it's 70 degrees here on the gulf coast of Alabama, so it should be all I need.
That is the only windshield my bride has me use others are going to yard sale. We love our old 6 they don't list one that short now.

I just got an LRS Reaper for my new Trike, Hope it works well. It was a Christmas gift from one of the boys. Can't wait to try it.

Just got a new Reaper 11" in dark tint from LRS today. Put it on and tood a quick spin solo. It was only slightly better than my previous LRS 11" flat top, but it sure looks better!

The DW will be jumping on in the next day or so and I'll be curious to see if she notices a difference. It certainly seems thicker and better made.

Yesterday we rode across to Cafe 27 (west of Miami) about 290 miles round trip the way we went. It was a really good test for my new Reaper 11" dark tint. We were 2-up and rode in the rain for about 20 miles of it.

Compared to the LRS 11" flat top recurve I would estimate that the Reaper keeps maybe 20% more wind off our head area.

Yesterday we rode across to Cafe 27 (west of Miami) about 290 miles round trip the way we went. It was a really good test for my new Reaper 11" dark tint. We were 2-up and rode in the rain for about 20 miles of it.

Compared to the LRS 11" flat top recurve I would estimate that the Reaper keeps maybe 20% more wind off our head area.

I was looking at the reaper and I can't see how it would keep more wind off head area compared to to your flat top, you would think the flat top would be better since it is flat all the way across on top and the reaper is curved like a stock windshield. After looking at windshields for my trike I think when I get around to buy I will go with Freedom Shields in the touring width but that is a couple months down the road.

All for now Trampas

I was looking at the reaper and I can't see how it would keep more wind off head area compared to to your flat top, you would think the flat top would be better since it is flat all the way across on top and the reaper is curved like a stock windshield. After looking at windshields for my trike I think when I get around to buy I will go with Freedom Shields in the touring width but that is a couple months down the road.

All for now Trampas

I thought the same thing. After I installed the Reaper I held my 11" flat top up to it. Even though the middle two inches are the same height the reaper starts curving down where the flat top continues across so you are missing those corners sticking out there. The recurve shape is slightly different when you look at the side angle of both windshields, so maybe that makes a slight difference. However, the Reaper flows out much wider past the flat top at the bottom, so that design difference has to be what pushes more air off the rider and passenger also.

I thought the same thing. After I installed the Reaper I held my 11" flat top up to it. Even though the middle two inches are the same height the reaper starts curving down where the flat top continues across so you are missing those corners sticking out there. The recurve shape is slightly different when you look at the side angle of both windshields, so maybe that makes a slight difference. However, the Reaper flows out much wider past the flat top at the bottom, so that design difference has to be what pushes more air off the rider and passenger also.

Thanks for the reply back, maybe I will take another look at it. Just curious why you went with 11 inch, I seen your flat top was also 11 inch, I happy with the 10 inch stock and I can see over it I just need a windshield that will help with the wind so to speak, I'm 5 feet 9 inch tall with 30 inch inseam, not tall and I don't think I'm to short. I have vertabrae's compressed from a injury so I'm bone against bone in lower back, I used to be 5 feet 11 inch and I had a doctor tell me once that eventually it will keep compressing and be bone on bone all the way up on my back and someday I will be in a wheel chair. I'm 72 and it hasn't happened yet and the doctor told me back in 1995 this would happen, maybe he was talking out of the side of his mouth and didn't know what he was doing, this was a doctor at the VA hospital.

All for now Trampas

Thanks for the reply back, maybe I will take another look at it. Just curious why you went with 11 inch, I seen your flat top was also 11 inch, I happy with the 10 inch stock and I can see over it I just need a windshield that will help with the wind so to speak, I'm 5 feet 9 inch tall with 30 inch inseam, not tall and I don't think I'm to short. I have vertabrae's compressed from a injury so I'm bone against bone in lower back, I used to be 5 feet 11 inch and I had a doctor tell me once that eventually it will keep compressing and be bone on bone all the way up on my back and someday I will be in a wheel chair. I'm 72 and it hasn't happened yet and the doctor told me back in 1995 this would happen, maybe he was talking out of the side of his mouth and didn't know what he was doing, this was a doctor at the VA hospital.

All for now Trampas

you need to ride up and show him your wheel chair.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png