oil cooler or love jugs

al704

50+ Posts
Mar 8, 2013
Altoona, Pa
2018 TriGlide, have installed tank lift and cooling deflector wings. If you were only doing one which would you do, oil cooler or Love Jugs? I'm 68 and this will be my last bike so I want to do whatever I can to make it last, heading to South Dakota end of July probably one 4000+ mile trip every year and lots of three hundred+ mile days in the mountains of Penna. and surrounding states. Not really a fan of the look of the love jugs but if that's the better choice to reduce heat and protect the engine I'll probably go that way. Maybe eventually I'll do both but I'm in the process of doing a stage II build (TTS 100 cam, S&S Stealth breather, Fullsac 2" muffler recore and Master tune dyno tune) and that's eating up most of my disposable income.

Well thats a tough one because they both cool in different ways,the love jugs work great in town and at low speeds as the oil cooler works best at speed so it depends on the riding style.I have the love jugs and wont own another big bore bike without them,i contacted Jagg oil coolers last year about a fan assisted oil cooler and they said they didnt have one in the works for the wet head bikes.I have the larger love jugs and wish now i would have went with the smaller ones in order to run the Jag oil cooler.But i still like them.

2018 TriGlide, have installed tank lift and cooling deflector wings. If you were only doing one which would you do, oil cooler or Love Jugs? I'm 68 and this will be my last bike so I want to do whatever I can to make it last, heading to South Dakota end of July probably one 4000+ mile trip every year and lots of three hundred+ mile days in the mountains of Penna. and surrounding states. Not really a fan of the look of the love jugs but if that's the better choice to reduce heat and protect the engine I'll probably go that way. Maybe eventually I'll do both but I'm in the process of doing a stage II build (TTS 100 cam, S&S Stealth breather, Fullsac 2" muffler recore and Master tune dyno tune) and that's eating up most of my disposable income.

Well thats a tough one because they both cool in different ways,the love jugs work great in town and at low speeds as the oil cooler works best at speed so it depends on the riding style.I have the love jugs and wont own another big bore bike without them,i contacted Jagg oil coolers last year about a fan assisted oil cooler and they said they didnt have one in the works for the wet head bikes.I have the larger love jugs and wish now i would have went with the smaller ones in order to run the Jag oil cooler.But i still like them.

What knees said.

More around town, then the Mighty-Mite Love Jugs (smaller ones), more riding at 30 mph or higher, the oil cooler/filter relo.

Here are videos of testing of both-

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png