Getting a CSC Trike Kit for my 2006 GL1800 - what options do I really Need?

Well... hell! This Corona virus thing has got everything screwed up! :xzqxz:

The dealer was supposed to get my kit from CSC the last week of April and install it for me the first week of May.

Right now I don't really know if any of that is going to happen. The early May mountain ride with friends may not happen either.

Dang it! :mad:

Hello Robert

Planning to get my 2006 Gold Wing triked soon. Plan to get the CSC Cobra XL kit. Like the looks of it and particularly like the extra trunk storage space in the new XL version.

Worked through the price list/options form today and am wondering about a few optional items.

1. Do I really need the performance disc brake upgrade for $235.00, or are the standard disc brakes fine?

2. Do you really need a parking brake on a trike? Options are single caliper $425.00, dual caliper $625.00. Yike$$!

Ground effects kit is nice but out of my budget, plus I actually like the looks of the bike better without it.

Plan on getting the new Passsenger Comfort ARB (Anti Roll Bar) $150.00, to keep the wife happy on the back.

Will definitely get the PowerTrak front rake kit $895.00. (We'll be riding in the Smokey Mountains a lot.)

Thanks for any advice.

Parking brake I never had one on a trike so I don't miss it (have not had a problem yet

Brake up grade My brakes work just fine like they are

Passenger ARB up grade ( if mama is not happy no one is happy)

Rake kit a must

Finally got the CSC Trike!

OK, she's finally done and I picked her up last Friday. Put 75 miles on her to get her home from the dealer/installer.

Like everything about her except the increased exhaust noise. Gonna post up a new thread to discuss that.

In the meantime I'll post up a picture. (Fender bras not yet installed. CSC says let the paint cure for 90 days first.)

20200427_173046.jpg

Get the better brakes. As someone who just recently was glad I had good brakes on my Hannigan, get the brakes.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png