Wheel Bearing / Caliper drag ??

Hey, what seals are you using and the part number? I have tried 3 different seals and the axle will not go thru and the seal just slide in the hub without much resistance. They all had id of 1.125.

Have you beveled the edge of the axle yet? Your problem well go away if you do!

tomg

I googled that number and the first two to come up had the specs listed.:Shrug:

I have no idea of what the specs should be because the ones that came out seems to be the wrong ones. I tried Amazon , they were what I already had. I got a part number from Motor Trike , it was the wrong one. Does anyone have a part number that was the correct one they used, tried and true? The one I found with that number on Ebay was too big.

Have you beveled the edge of the axle yet? Your problem well go away if you do!

tomg

Yes, I did that but still the axle will not go thru the seal. There has got to be something else going on with this, just can't figure it out. Two problems, the axle will not go thru the seal and the seal has no resistance going into the hub, should be a tight fit.

Good morning

I would follow along jacks advice but I would just take the wheel off and repack the tapered bearings with new seals (15 dollars each). I don't know how many miles you have. smell the grease from each bearing, if it smells burnt at all it needs to be changed. I am in the process of replacing these bearings and races right now. at least you will know if it is a bearing.

Good luck

Dragon

Hey Dragon. have you finished your bearings and races replacement? Just wanting to know how everything worked out with repacing the seals.

the part number for the 2 outer seal was skf 14939

the 2 inner seals timken 472677

wheel bearing timken 32006x

caliper mounting plate bearing 6814RS

i hope that helps.

I did my wifes last fall with those parts 2008 Stallion

i just got my seals today, I have a question did you install the seals correctly, depending on how you set it up you can put the axle in from a certain side easy to push through, one inner seal goes one direction on one side and 180 degrees in the other hub on the opposite side. if your axle is out look with old seal how the axle will slide through easier in one direction and will not go through backward, tears off little spring and mashes the rubber so you cannot push axle through:NoJoke:

Dragon

I also forgot some one said that the seal just fell right in. maybe Richard will say something but one side is milled just a little larger so the seal that goes in backward slides down easier and does not need to be hammered in as much not ruining the spring and seal

Dragon

i just got my seals today, I have a question did you install the seals correctly, depending on how you set it up you can put the axle in from a certain side easy to push through, one inner seal goes one direction on one side and 180 degrees in the other hub on the opposite side. if your axle is out look with old seal how the axle will slide through easier in one direction and will not go through backward, tears off little spring and mashes the rubber so you cannot push axle through:NoJoke:

Dragon

Ok, the seal I got from Amazon was #CR11353, same seal # I removed from the hub when first taken apart. The seal on the left side when sitting on the Trike, was facing the correct way, the other seal was down inside the hub, had to fish it out. I did remove the spring and was able to force the seals on the axle but it wasn't easy, I put the seal in the hub both ways on each end and same results, just slide right thru. Seems the od need to be a fraction larger to fit tight.

Dragon

What is the part # of your seals?

good morning

I used the same seals as ted mentioned. I had to order the inner seals and it took a week to get. probably a seal they are not gonna make anymore just our luck

Dragon

good morning

I used the same seals as ted mentioned. I had to order the inner seals and it took a week to get. probably a seal they are not gonna make anymore just our luck

Dragon

Where did you get the inner seal, I can`t find it. Also how is the fit? I'm getting tired of dealing with this thing.:mad:

caliper bearings

Before you freak out when they tell you the front wheel caliper bearings are $240 each (and you need four of them) you can get them from France for $11.45 each from "123 Bearing inc" 646-912-9672, bearing measurements are 90mm outside X 70mm inside and 10 wide

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png