2010 Tri Glide Ultra reverse questions.

Reaction score
Before Hurricane Michael I had three bikes: Harley Tri Glide Ultra, Victory Vegas Jackpot, Kawasaki Ninja 1000. After the storm, my trike was badly damaged, but the other two were undamaged. I gave the ninja to my son (who swapped it for a ducati---he is a flat track racer), and the insurance company and I rebuilt the trike, which I gave to my son-in-law. I kept the jackpot. Here a year and a half later, I am still trying to clean out my damaged house to sell as is, I haven't ridden since before the storm, I have had knee replacement surgery, I am looking at spinal fusion surgery, and I am among the octogenarians. My son-in-law and I are going to swap. I'll never ride the jackpot again.

My question for you good folks is: what is the best option for the reverse on the tri glide. Should I just put in another electric reverse---have they improved any? Or should I go with a mechanical reverse---if so, which is the most reliable? I would appreciate any advice. I am going to get in a little time on the trike before my surgery in April.

Thanks for any suggestions

Roadkill

Before Hurricane Michael I had three bikes: Harley Tri Glide Ultra, Victory Vegas Jackpot, Kawasaki Ninja 1000. After the storm, my trike was badly damaged, but the other two were undamaged. I gave the ninja to my son (who swapped it for a ducati---he is a flat track racer), and the insurance company and I rebuilt the trike, which I gave to my son-in-law. I kept the jackpot. Here a year and a half later, I am still trying to clean out my damaged house to sell as is, I haven't ridden since before the storm, I have had knee replacement surgery, I am looking at spinal fusion surgery, and I am among the octogenarians. My son-in-law and I are going to swap. I'll never ride the jackpot again.

My question for you good folks is: what is the best option for the reverse on the tri glide. Should I just put in another electric reverse---have they improved any? Or should I go with a mechanical reverse---if so, which is the most reliable? I would appreciate any advice. I am going to get in a little time on the trike before my surgery in April.

Thanks for any suggestions

Roadkill

On my 2011 Tri i put in a Moto-trike mechanical reverse....With the reverse lock out wire harness...Had i kept my 2017 Tri i would have put it in also...ThumbUp..

Check with Papa Zook, the forum owner. I got a Champion reverse from him for my 2010 Triglide.

I love it. :clapping:

RoadKill you have gotten the answers above. For the little bit of difference in replacing the electric reverse vs the mechanical as far as cost the mechanical is the answer. Just a couple hundred extra but a much better and reliable setup. Like mentioned contact Randy.. the Champion is very bit as good or better then the other systems. The only really better would be the Baker reverse that replaces the whole guts of the transmission but that is big bucks.

Good luck with all your upcoming procedures.

My question for you good folks is: what is the best option for the reverse on the tri glide. Should I just put in another electric reverse---have they improved any? Or should I go with a mechanical reverse---if so, which is the most reliable? I would appreciate any advice. I am going to get in a little time on the trike before my surgery in April.Thanks for any suggestionsRoadkill

Mechanical

8~\o

I sure like the mechanical reverse, got it from Papa Zook. It's not that hard to install. A lot easier to maneuver the trike in close quarters, as we know the electric one makes it jump back that first 6"

Another thing I like is that with the mechanical reverse, when parking, you can engage the reverse and put the trans in gear, and then the trans is bound up, trike won't move. Wow, a decent parking brake!

Just remember to put it back in neutral before you start it...

If you want to stay with the electric and need a motor, I have a good take-off one. Won't be needing it.

Just to make it simple......No matter which mechanical reverse you pick, You will be able to park in any space you choose to.....And in any direction, Up hill down hill, Be the spot gravel or grass...And back right out just like with a car....You'll never have to pass up a spot for fear of not backing out...ThumbUp

Moto-trike mechanical reverse

I have the Moto-trike mechanical reverse and love it. Been running it for 3 years now with no complaints. After one trip it burned up that useless electrical reverse motor. Never again will trust that junk.

With the cost of these machines u think they fix this problem!:mad:

Happy riding with witch ever you choose! not stock LOL

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png