Would You Buy a New Harley Trike?

Yes & I did .. 2020 Tri Our 16 had 45,000 on it and with all the new improvements in 4 yrs time, figured it was time again. We average close to 15,000 miles a season. Lovin the new trike, & after we get the ride dialed in we should be good. Luv the 114 M8 & tranny is better also. If we cant get it dialed in Pro Action front & rear,here we come. Can't take the $$ with us,so my wife says get what we want. 48 states & 5 countries for us. Over 30 yrs of vacations on HD 2 wheelers & last 3 seasons on a trike. We have always paid cash. Just save for it. She likes to ride as much as I do. I really don't know any bike that is perfect, so if I am gonna buy one it will be an HD . & not a Singer.:Shrug:

If I could afford it, I'd like a 2009 Tri-Glide and why? None of the latest and greatest electronic nonsense just an unspoiled user friendly trike and one I can work on myself. :clapping: Today the consumer trips over their own feet to have the latest smart phone or big screen TV, me I just want something that works. :Dorag:

If I could afford it, I'd like a 2009 Tri-Glide and why? None of the latest and greatest electronic nonsense just an unspoiled user friendly trike and one I can work on myself. :clapping: Today the consumer trips over their own feet to have the latest smart phone or big screen TV, me I just want something that works. :Dorag:

No I would not buy a new HD. I agree with Trike Lady. I get a lot of pleasure doing my own maintenance.:)

My thoughts exactly:good: Old Shiney is not the latest or the greatest but it runs very well not really many miles on it 31K and change...:Shrug: be like selling a child!...:mad: now I ain't made that way :Angel: LOL. Ride safe Fred

I'm with Jack. I got a 2017 Freewheeler & it's set up for me. I am happy with the new M8 motor & have been able to do all scheduled maintenance myself. With the exception of the clutch recall & a speedometer problem, both fixed under warranty, it has been trouble free.

I am close to 13,000 miles & half of that has been on the highway & with the mods I have made, the FW excels at eating up miles on the highway. I still have a few mods I want to do, but I'm very happy overall & can live with it the way it is & I would not hesitate to get on it & ride cross country.:cool:

I have a new front tire Avon tire ready to install & was considering a new battery this fall, but the OEM battery is testing OK for now.

Have had 2 Tri glides and would not buy a new one today. Been looking at the Freewheeler used models as I would be riding solo. Price is the biggest deterrent for me, how much they are now than they use to be. I can swing a used FW without too much trouble. My new car cost less than some of the new trikes, and I can drive that year round.

I don't think so. For me they have over priced themselves off my list. Besides I like what I have now and it's all tricked out the way I want it.

Stay Safe and Ride Safe.......

Have had 2 Tri glides and would not buy a new one today. Been looking at the Freewheeler used models as I would be riding solo. Price is the biggest deterrent for me, how much they are now than they use to be. I can swing a used FW without too much trouble. My new car cost less than some of the new trikes, and I can drive that year round.

Howdy, glad to see you back on the forums. I hope you find something that will work for you.

If I remember correctly, you sold me the Road Zeppelin seat from your Blue & White Triglide.

Absolutely not,i have a 17 and have had more trouble out of it than any HD i have ever owned.If i was going to do anything i would sell my 17 and look for a low mileage 13 and down Tri Glide.

Just curious Why? :Shrug: travel safe Fred

It is the most uncomfortable bike I've ever owned. I've changed out the bars for Khrome Werks 2+2 narrow sweepers and put on a Mustang Super Touring Deluxe seat. They both helped a little, but if I ride more than about 40 or 50 miles, I'm in a lot of pain. In my shoulders, back, and hips. I know there are other things I can try, but I refuse to put another dime in to it.

Now it sits in the garage waiting for those rare times when my wife wants to go for a ride. Most of the time I just ride my FJR1300, which is all day comfortable for me.

Yep, and that's when my wife fell in love with it. She thinks it's the greatest bike ever.

That's why it's still in the garage.

The reason i got my first trike is because the wife could no longer ride her bike and she had a rough time getting on a two wheeler,plus my knees wouldn't hold us both.Granted its a different ride but on a smooth road i love it but on one with pot holes it leaves a lot to be desired.But i can put more miles per day on the trike than i can my Road King and not be as tired,but i wont get rid of my Road King until i can no longer hold it up.

It is the most uncomfortable bike I've ever owned. I've changed out the bars for Khrome Werks 2+2 narrow sweepers and put on a Mustang Super Touring Deluxe seat. They both helped a little, but if I ride more than about 40 or 50 miles, I'm in a lot of pain. In my shoulders, back, and hips. I know there are other things I can try, but I refuse to put another dime in to it.

Now it sits in the garage waiting for those rare times when my wife wants to go for a ride. Most of the time I just ride my FJR1300, which is all day comfortable for me.

Wow Jim. So sorry ergonomics on the TG don't work for you. I've found all my Harleys - two and three wheel - to be very comfortable with just a few changes. On my CVOs I never changed the Hammock seat that came with but on my TG I have the heated Mustang saddle which is way, way better than the stock saddle on the TG. Changed handlebars on several bikes to WildOne bars. Haven't done so on my new 2020 but may in the future. And a backrest help immensley.

As for the FJR1300 I'm just the opposite. I couldn't ride it ten minutes without discomfort. Even though I have 'new' knees the bent knee leaned over riding position just doesn't work for me.

But at least each of us has a bike / trike that is comfortable for us and that's great.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png