• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Would You Buy a New Harley Trike?

The reason i got my first trike is because the wife could no longer ride her bike and she had a rough time getting on a two wheeler,plus my knees wouldn't hold us both.Granted its a different ride but on a smooth road i love it but on one with pot holes it leaves a lot to be desired.But i can put more miles per day on the trike than i can my Road King and not be as tired,but i wont get rid of my Road King until i can no longer hold it up.

Steve try a pair of Pro Action shocks you would not believe the difference they make, 1000% improvement in ride a handling. And while you are talking to George at pro Action do the front end especially if you haven't changed the oil in the forks Fred

Would you buy a new Harley Trike, Why and or why not?

Probably not, at least until I retire in 4 years

Have a 2017 that I bought new and it has just shy of 47000 miles on it at this point.

I have done several upgrade to the lighting and cooling the engine with DK Custom products.

Still debating on a new seat and Pro Action Shocks.

When I retire in 2024 I expect I will have 90K to 100K on it by then.

I will then make the decision to buy a new or low mile used Tri-glide. Maybe a slightly used white CVO will have a decent price by then

Would really like to have one in white and am thinking about just pulling all the painted parts off and having them painted white.

While it is apart upgrading suspension, adding a rake as well as t rebuilding motor and transmission if needed.

It mostly comes done to how the market does between now and then.

Bob

Purchased a 2020 end of Aug this year. Put 1800 miles on it so far and love it. At this point I would buy new again , very happy with sales and service at Harley. Previously had Indian, Yamaha, and Honda. This is my first Harley and can’t be happier with how I was treated, which was not my perception prior to owning a Harley Davidson.

I might buy a new one .... ya know ,if I hit the lotto ... the White CVO gets my mouth to drooling, but, it would have to be a money don't mater type thing. :D In other words ... I had so much I didn't need to ask the price.

Purchased my 2020 TriGlide in Aug 2020. Only put 1200 miles on it before fall and injured my back. Now I’m doing all the add ons and customization. To answer your question, yes I would buy another one, but not likely for a while. The reason I chose Harley was because they are a trike built from the factory as a trike. If another motorcycle company starts manufacturing trikes I may look at them, but I like the compactness of the TriGlide compared to other trikes. Be Safe

Last edited:
New Harley

Been on various HD’s now since 1970. currently very happy wth my 2010 triple X with

104 thou. miles....... would/will I buy another Harley probably NOT, the MoCo has gone

down the tubes on CUSTOMER service let alone PRICED themselvves out of the market!

SHAME on you Harley your LOOSING your faithful/longtime riders to the Boutique crowd,

(think I’ll go ride my ‘88 Evo with original engine , 277 thou certified miles)

Pete :Coffee:

I made a mistake today, happened to stop by the dealership for some refreshment and bathroom break. They had several 2021 trikes on the floor, my buddy Greg who was with us goaded me into asking for a test drive, what the hell, why not. My 15 is the only trike we've been on and we like it even after 6 years but the '21 we took out was fantastic. Shifting was so smooth and the power with the newer engine was great and there was a lot of torque. We wouldn't have a problem with a new HD trike, 6 years and only 2 minor problems, my 1 year old SUV has been in the shop 3 times in 1 year. We shall see what develops, lol.

I made a mistake today, happened to stop by the dealership for some refreshment and bathroom break. They had several 2021 trikes on the floor, my buddy Greg who was with us goaded me into asking for a test drive, what the hell, why not. My 15 is the only trike we've been on and we like it even after 6 years but the '21 we took out was fantastic. Shifting was so smooth and the power with the newer engine was great and there was a lot of torque. We wouldn't have a problem with a new HD trike, 6 years and only 2 minor problems, my 1 year old SUV has been in the shop 3 times in 1 year. We shall see what develops, lol.

You should never shop in a supermarket when your hungry....But does that work when you stop in a Harley Dealer and they have a few brand new shiny Trikes sitting there...And the 114 engine has a lot more get up and go than the previous engines 'And right out of the box to boot.......

No I wouldn 't,. Not because I don't like them or because thry are too expensive. I think they are beautiful and nothing sounds as good as a Harley regardless of the frame it sits in. I just like my Spyders better.. and I am not buying a new one of those as they are more then I can afford. I'll just be happy with the 2012 I have an hope I can get another 62000+ miles out of it

You know what they say never sit on a new ride, Oh my now you have done it!!! LOL :shock: trade safe Fred

just do it Gary. Ya can't take it ($$) with ya. We got our 20 so don't need a new one. The diff between the 16 & the 20 was awesome. Only bad thing, with the China Crud, we didn't get the miles on it we usually do.

The main reason I even looked at a TG in the first place was because one day my wife woke up and decided that she LOVED riding with me. It was almost impossible to sneak off without her running out with helmet in hand.

Had the 2016 just like I wanted it and of course just like with most my Harleys it was underpowered. Made the mistake of test driving a 2019 and......bam....

I really like the 114 motor. It has pretty good power and is easy to do oil changes on. At our age though I'm pretty certain it is my last TG. If she ever stopped riding with me I would probably transition back to a Road King or similar model for as long as I could still ride. But would look for a used one.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png