Prayers for Mom and her family (and mine)

Update 2

Welp ... the Uncle is out of Intensive Care and on a ward ... according to Mom who talked to he sister, the stroke has had only a small effect on his motor skills. Mostly he has some muscle sag on his face, some hand issues, his right leg kind of drags some (I think mom said right) and he seems not to remember much. He can't walk by himself, but, with a walker and a belt with someone stabilizing him he does move some.

They are thinking maybe a week on the ward then a month in a rehab facility. The aunt would like mom to come back to New York to help her get her and her husbands estate in order. Really, what 75 year old person doesn't have their estate in order, and why would you want an 86 year old's help (don't tell mom I told you her age). I don't get it, mom asked what she should do. I told her as an 86 year old that's had pneumonia many times, I think sitting in an aluminum tube for 6 hours with hundreds of potential germ throwers is just nuts, but, I'd support whatever she decides. I even offered to help pay for them to have a lawyer do it for them.

That's all I know ... and way more than I want to know.

Nothing against your Mom Alan but I agree with you. They need a lawyer to help with getting their affairs in order.

You all are still in our prayers...

Mom just today decided to take me up on the offer to give my aunt $1000 for a lawyer to get things done, Mom's gonna help some too, so she won't be going to Long Island, Ny any time soon.

Good thing.... Alan' Long Gallon in the winter and with all the crap going on now isn't a place for your Mom to be traveling to..:cxtv:..

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png