Highway pegs for Encore

56Elwood

250+ Posts
Reaction score
Trying to choose a set of highway pegs for the 2019 Goldwing with the CSC encore conversion. I do have the running boards and I've been asking questions of several vendors. Anyone have the Goldstrike pegs and if so how was it to install them? Might go with them or Rivco, not sure yet.

Trying to choose a set of highway pegs for the 2019 Goldwing with the CSC encore conversion. I do have the running boards and I've been asking questions of several vendors. Anyone have the Goldstrike pegs and if so how was it to install them? Might go with them or Rivco, not sure yet.

I have the Rivco Areo Pegs on my 2019 CSC Encore and love them. They provide a nice neat clean look when not in use, easy to deploy when you want to use them and are comfortable on those long highway rides. I would highly recommend them!

As to the degree of difficulty, the dealer installed them when I purchased the trike, but looking at the Cruiseman Garage video, the install looks fairly simple.

Jim

OK, just got finished installing a set of Goldstrike highway pegs on the Encore. First, if you have a lift, I suggest you do it on that. Doing it while the trike is on the floor is not exactly fun and I think a lift will assist in speeding up the install.

Having said that, I also suggest you do this when the exhaust is cool or cold, not hot. I had to purchase special brackets from CSC to allow the Goldstrike pegs to work but they hooked me up and made this possible. I suggest viewing the install video on Goldstrike's page, it helped a lot.

Took about 2 hours to do 'cuz of the trike on the floor and taking time to get some pictures, I figure on a lift working straight through about a 1 hour job. One note: before you install the covers, mock up the pegs and find the best position then take the peg mounting arms off, install the covers then install the arms.

You may even want to install the covers with the running boards dropped a little, this will make that task a little less of a PITA. Anyhoo, here are the pictures, went for a ride and while there's a little flex in the mounting arms, it's not too bad. Definitely improves the comfort level of the trike, now my feet are out front where they should be.

CSC bracket.jpgCSC Bracket 2.jpgGoldstrike brackets.jpgGoldstrike bracket 2.jpgGoldstrike bracket 3.jpgGoldstrike peg LH.jpgGoldstrike peg RH.jpg

highway pegs

OK, just got finished installing a set of Goldstrike highway pegs on the Encore. First, if you have a lift, I suggest you do it on that. Doing it while the trike is on the floor is not exactly fun and I think a lift will assist in speeding up the install. Having said that, I also suggest you do this when the exhaust is cool or cold, not hot. I had to purchase special brackets from CSC to allow the Goldstrike pegs to work but they hooked me up and made this possible. I suggest viewing the install video on Goldstrike's page, it helped a lot. Took about 2 hours to do 'cuz of the trike on the floor and taking time to get some pictures, I figure on a lift working straight through about a 1 hour job. One note: before you install the covers, mock up the pegs and find the best position then take the peg mounting arms off, install the covers then install the arms. You may even want to install the covers with the running boards dropped a little, this will make that task a little less of a PITA. Anyhoo, here are the pictures, went for a ride and while there's a little flex in the mounting arms, it's not too bad. Definitely improves the comfort level of the trike, now my feet are out front where they should be.

View attachment 84994View attachment 84995View attachment 84996View attachment 84997View attachment 84998View attachment 84999View attachment 85000

Hey when you replace the first bracket holding the running board how much slack do ya have and what is holding up that end of running board . I know this is a dumb question but some of my injuries I receive in Nam just will not allow me to do certain things . Thanks in advance .

Hey when you replace the first bracket holding the running board how much slack do ya have and what is holding up that end of running board . I know this is a dumb question but some of my injuries I receive in Nam just will not allow me to do certain things . Thanks in advance .

Hey Doug. First, thanks for your service. There is a frame underneath the boards that support them, this is what the bolt pictured attaches to. There is a little "give" in the board once you have the bolt out. It will stay in place but flex enough to help the install. I would get a set of extended length ball end allen sockets, the long allen head mounting bolt that threads into the motor is not a straight shot, a ball end helps.

Brackets

OK, just got finished installing a set of Goldstrike highway pegs on the Encore. First, if you have a lift, I suggest you do it on that. Doing it while the trike is on the floor is not exactly fun and I think a lift will assist in speeding up the install.

Having said that, I also suggest you do this when the exhaust is cool or cold, not hot. I had to purchase special brackets from CSC to allow the Goldstrike pegs to work but they hooked me up and made this possible. I suggest viewing the install video on Goldstrike's page, it helped a lot.

Took about 2 hours to do 'cuz of the trike on the floor and taking time to get some pictures, I figure on a lift working straight through about a 1 hour job. One note: before you install the covers, mock up the pegs and find the best position then take the peg mounting arms off, install the covers then install the arms.

You may even want to install the covers with the running boards dropped a little, this will make that task a little less of a PITA. Anyhoo, here are the pictures, went for a ride and while there's a little flex in the mounting arms, it's not too bad. Definitely improves the comfort level of the trike, now my feet are out front where they should be.

View attachment 84994View attachment 84995View attachment 84996View attachment 84997View attachment 84998View attachment 84999View attachment 85000

Are the brackets for the pegs or new running board brackets?

Are the brackets for the pegs or new running board brackets?

You need these brackets to use the Goldstrike pegs with the running boards. Without the running boards these brackets are not necessary. The Goldstrike mount attaches to the tip over bar and the tip over bar is what supports the front of the running boards. CSC sells the brackets along with the extended length bolts, the Goldstrike kit has everything else.

Mounting Goldstrike 3 way adj pegs

Very good information! I started mounting the Goldstrike pegs yesterday and found that the bolt hole I needed to mount the primary arm of the Goldstrike to the bike was directly behind the running board mount. I can't tell for sure from your pictures, but it appears that the mounting bracket provided by CSC enables the use of one bolt to mount both the running board brace AND the Goldstrike primary mounting arm. Is that correct?

Also, how do you rate them after using them for a while. Your response would be much appreciated. I had the Rivco swing out pegs and could never find a comfortable position without my leg touching the valve cover, and hard to keep my feet in place when using them.

Thank you,

That is what came on my 2019 I purchased and I like the angle on the pegs, so I don't fell like my feet are sliding off. I wish they were a little taller but then again I wish I was too. :D

The Goldstrike wouldn't work for me, I'm too tall. I ended up going with the standard pegs that mount on the "tip-over" bars a little farther forward. I think they was made by Kury. and I had to order a set of little plastic trim pieces to go around the peg mounts after removing the Honda bar covers.

Thanks for the pics and the write-up!

We have had ours set ordered for quite awhile now just waiting for the trike kit from CSC and they will install the pegs when they do the trike kit.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png