rear axle

If I remember correctly, it's either a 6.5 or a 7.5. I do know it's a 4.10. I tried lowering it to a 3.73 to try to get better mpg, but the trike was gutless and would barely go up a hill. The little 4 banger needs to get the rpm's up. I do know when we pulled it apart, it wasn't set-up correctly and the gears were rubbing on the case. I had it set up on a dyno and got some more horsepower and torque out of it. Fuel mileage went up slightly also. Rick

If I remember correctly, it's either a 6.5 or a 7.5. I do know it's a 4.10. I tried lowering it to a 3.73 to try to get better mpg, but the trike was gutless and would barely go up a hill. The little 4 banger needs to get the rpm's up. I do know when we pulled it apart, it wasn't set-up correctly and the gears were rubbing on the case. I had it set up on a dyno and got some more horsepower and torque out of it. Fuel mileage went up slightly also. Rick

I live in sc was thinking about putting 355 ratio in it the 4.11 makes the motor turn a lot of rpm at 65 miles per hour

If you want to spend the money, try it. I did and and then spent the money again going back to the 4.10. I got way more for my money having it tuned on the dyno. I picked up 30% more horsepower and torque between 30 and about 90. Mileage went up slightly also. I'm up and down the mountains here in AZ and I average 30-32. That's going from about 1700ft at my house up to anywhere between 4700 and 7700 feet and back. This is all up and down and most of it is at 70mph. Went for breakfast this morning which was at about 5500 feet. 165 miles and I averaged 30.6. I got worse mileage with the 3.73 in it. Rick

If you want to spend the money, try it. I did and and then spent the money again going back to the 4.10. I got way more for my money having it tuned on the dyno. I picked up 30% more horsepower and torque between 30 and about 90. Mileage went up slightly also. I'm up and down the mountains here in AZ and I average 30-32. That's going from about 1700ft at my house up to anywhere between 4700 and 7700 feet and back. This is all up and down and most of it is at 70mph. Went for breakfast this morning which was at about 5500 feet. 165 miles and I averaged 30.6. I got worse mileage with the 3.73 in it. Rick

Good morning

my 2 cents is if you want to change gear ratio you have to go tell the computer also, it is expecting to receive information from stock configuration

Dragon

we was planning a trip this year to az but this virus got us shut down now my mom lived in tucson

Good morning

my 2 cents is if you want to change gear ratio you have to go tell the computer also, it is expecting to receive information from stock configuration

Dragon

When we looked at the computer, it was still set up like a Ranger PU would be. Timing was way low and fuel wasn't correct. There is a thread on here about what was done. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png