Powder Coated Wheels

When I had it done it cost me $50.00/wheel but I removed every thing from the wheel first before I gave it to them. All they had to do was clean it and coat it. This was not on a Harley.

Wondering if anyone has had their wheels powder coated

And how much did it cost

I had my freewheeler done they were $ 125.00 each. then I had my tri glide black chrome PVD coated $ 600. plus shipping that was $ 300.

Powder Coating

I had mine powder coated a year and a half ago. Took the "naked" wheels to the shop and in a day and a half got them back looking just like an OEM on a new car showroom. Three wheels: $270.00. I've been looking for a pinstripe artist to accent them for me but most of them are too busy at rallys all summer, and they don't want to have the TG sitting their shop all winter. It will happen; someday!

Wheel Rear.JPGWheel Front.JPG

Got a rattle can of Rustolium paint n primer . Scotch brite then dewaxed them . $4.75 Going on 4years since done .View attachment 85392

Looks great. How many coats did you do? Did you do the backs also. How about the front wheel - do you have a photo?

I'm thinking on doing mine in gold.

I've always wanted a black bike with gold/brass plated wheels. When I was young I built a plastic model Harley, painted it black and everything that was chrome I changed to gold = it looked really badass. :)

I realize this is an old thread, but just wondered if there was anyone out there who has had their wheels powder coated in the past year or so and how they are holding up?

My Alabama buddy (up here riding with him now) just got his done by Willy Shinny (chrome) and they really came out good. Got me thinking about having mine done in dark blue or black instead of chrome. Not really wanting to polish chrome rims.

I contacted Willy Shinny and a bunch of other platers. None of them would warrant the wheels since I ride in the winter and the plating would not hold up to the salt.

I might just do what 1dn5up did. Can't beat the price. Besides the stock wheels are only used in the winter so they don't have to look great. :)

I had the wheels on my trike done a few months back and the cost was just under $300. for three wheels. Rear wheels were about $75. each and the front wheel was almost $150 due to the amount of masking done on the front wheel. My trike is a '17 so if you have the center disc for the rears done remove the HD label on the disc. It is just a foil emblem stuck on the discs.

I had the wheels on my trike done a few months back and the cost was just under $300. for three wheels. Rear wheels were about $75. each and the front wheel was almost $150 due to the amount of masking done on the front wheel. My trike is a '17 so if you have the center disc for the rears done remove the HD label on the disc. It is just a foil emblem stuck on the discs.

Ray, was that around $300 counting having the tires taken off then remounted? I'm a full time traveling RVer so the issue for me is staying in a place long enough to find a shop to remove my tires and a place to do the powder coating.

Looks great. How many coats did you do? Did you do the backs also. How about the front wheel - do you have a photo?

I'm thinking on doing mine in gold.

I've always wanted a black bike with gold/brass plated wheels. When I was young I built a plastic model Harley, painted it black and everything that was chrome I changed to gold = it looked really badass. :)

Did not do the front , as it is OEM that way. Just scotch rite the bare aluminum rim yearly.

2 coats on rear wheels , did not do inside.

My trike was down for almost a month when I had my wheels coated. I think I might have been a little high in the cost. I think that it was around $250 for all three wheels. I do know that the front was much more than the rears because of all the masking that had to be done on the front. It was moderately expensive with new rear tires and new bearings for the front wheel. Had a friend who has a shop remove the tires and replace them and then took the rears next door to a Firestone shop to balance the rears.. I also install the rake kit at the same time.

Wondering if anyone has had their wheels powder coated

And how much did it cost

Had mine done almost three years ago. Banks Engineering in Grafton OH. $270 for all three. They had sixteen colors to choose from. All I do is run a microfiber cloth over them and they're clean! Still have another complete set in polished aluminum in the garage.

What does tightening to 100 ft lbs do to the powder coating? Do they not powder coat in that area?

I had mine powder coated back in 2016. I left a strip of original rim along the edge so the powder coating won't be chipped during wheel replacement. Second, I had them cover the bottom of lug holes, so the lugs can be torque down without chipping the powder coating.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png