Wobble on trike

Lyndia

Apr 1, 2020
Canada
Hi I'm new to this always wanted to ride so got a sportster but found out I didnt feel safe on two wheels so hubbie got one of the kits from Frankenstein in America fitted so excited yaya but their is such a wobble on it I'm realy having to hang on it's not enjoyable thankfully I live in country not much traffic but need to be in traffic but am worries it might me into it or a ditch is this normal

Lyndia........Welcome to Trike -Talk.........:wave4:.....

How much air [PSI] In the front tire...And in the rears, What is recommend for two wheelers most times is way too much when you convert the bike to 3 wheels...

Lydia, Welcome to Trike Talk from West Virginia, USA.:wave4::wave4:

22 psi may still be a little high for an 800 lb conversion, I would recommend 20psi in the rear tires.

I would also examine the rear shock settings to make sure their is not too much preload.

Check to see if the triple tree has been changed. A 5 degree triple tree would almost eliminate the wobble.

Hi Lydia. Follow Jack & Jim's advice on the tire air pressure and you'll see a big difference in the way your trike handles. To get the best handling, you will need to add a rake kit.

wobble

Hi I'm new to this always wanted to ride so got a sportster but found out I didnt feel safe on two wheels so hubbie got one of the kits from Frankenstein in America fitted so excited yaya but their is such a wobble on it I'm realy having to hang on it's not enjoyable thankfully I live in country not much traffic but need to be in traffic but am worries it might me into it or a ditch is this normal

Tell your husband to tighten up the front triple tees. Set the fall away so it is a little tighter and you will eliminate the wobble. Adjust it so it is tight but doesn't bind from side to side I just converted my 2015 sportster to a Frankenstein trike, tightened the trees and no wobble of any kind. Frankenstein tells you 25 lbs in the rear and thats what you should run at, (they have been in business a long time and know what they are talking about.) Lowering the rear pressure could cause the bike to grab in corners and or the bead to come off. As far as raked triple tees, i have ridden with them and without them and see no difference at all. A trike is a little harder to steer but you get used to it and soon you will not notice it. Ride safe and enjoy your new trike

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Lyndia!
:wave4:Welcome to the group.

I've had 2 Frankenstein kits installed and the large nut that connects the triple tree to the frame needs to be tightened alot more than for 2 wheels. This should take care of the wobble. I believe the instructions Frankenstein provides even states this. Good luck and enjoy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png