Love Jugs Wiring Question

OLBLU

100+ Posts
Apr 17, 2018
Winnipeg
About to install a set of Mighty Mites on my 2017 Triglide. I was planning to plug directly into the 4 pin accessory connector under the left side cover. My trike DOES NOT have an accessory switch up on the dashboard. Do I need the dash switch to make the plug work or will it supply power on it's own? Thanks in advance.

About to install a set of Mighty Mites on my 2017 Triglide. I was planning to plug directly into the 4 pin accessory connector under the left side cover. My trike DOES NOT have an accessory switch up on the dashboard. Do I need the dash switch to make the plug work or will it supply power on it's own? Thanks in advance.

Plug the fans into that accessory plug and see if it has constant power. Make sure the fans are switched on. If not, either add the accessory switch kit or wire the fans straight to the battery and use the switch on the fans.

The HD accessory connector #325 is behind the rt side cover hidden behind the frame upright.You will need a adapter harness to attach the fan harness to it. This is the correct way to hook up the fans for them to work off the ignition key. Lot of owners cannot locate connector or do not want to buy adaptor harness and go staight to battery which means you have to manually turn fans on and off.

On our 09 the connector the accessory switch on the lower panel was under the seat. It was of such poor quality I had so much static it caused the Power vision to blink off and on when I had the fans turned on and that was another story. I wired mine directly to the Battery not an issue since. And use the switch on the fans. stay safe, stay home(Wondering) Fred

Here's a video on how I wired mine up-

Kevin

Kevin what handlebars do you have on your red trike. They look very comfortable. Thanks

They are extremely comfortable for me. We recommend everyone take a look at this report link- The Comfort Triangle - to find out what is best for them.

After I did the above, I found that if I took the stock handlebars and added 9" of length to them, they would be perfect for me. So that is what I did.

Took the stock bars, cut them in the straight section, added 9" more of straight tubing, cleaned up the welds, and had it powder coated.

19%20tg%20handlebars%20tacked%20up.jpg

19%20tg%20handlebars%20welded%20up%202.jpg

Handlebars%202.jpg

Kevin

Thank you for the information. Now I have a lot of time to work on this !!!!

You're welcome.

Yes, it does take some down-time, removing the stock bars, welding in whatever length is best for you...That is fast, can be done in an afternoon.

But then the waiting is getting them powder coated...depending on your powder coater, that will take a bit of time. But during that time you can be getting whatever wiring extensions and hydraulic line extensions are needed.

Kevin

To control on/off power to the Mighty Mite Love Jugs and Stealth LED Driving Lights I installed, I chose to add Harley's Fairing Mount - Auxiliary Power Switch Kit. The Wiring Harness in the kit had Plug and Wire Connections for new electrical accessories, these connections also corresponded to the two new lighted switches that I installed in the Dash Panel.

My kit and install method was for the Rushmore Models, which have their Accessory Connector behind the Left Side Panel. As said earlier, it's behind the Right Side Cover on M8's. I've heard Harley made changes to the Fairing Mount - Auxiliary Power Switch Kits Harness and installation procedures for the M8's. Believe there also a price increase for the kit as well.

For anyone interested, the Installation Instructions for M8's are under the Guides Tab on Harley's Site. Installing Dash Switch Kits are clearly a "To Each His Own Choice" method when it comes to installation and control of ones additional electrical components. Clearly the mileage will vary for others.;)

Fearless I am having trouble with my power vision. When in gauge mode the numbers go blank. I have the Mitty mites plugged in the accessorie plug. But even with them turned off it still loses numbers. Do you have any tips to fix this. Thanks

Wire those Mighty Mites directly to the battery! I had the same issues the accessory plug and wiring is bad and producing static somewhere . I went through Hell trying to figure it out. I take it you had no issues till you started using the accessory plug with the Mighty Mites. I sent my Power Vision back to DynoJet they tested it on their machines and also put on an employees harley and field tested it all checked out.

Got it back same issues Talked to Kevin he said send it to me and I'll check it out on my Triglide so off to Mississippi same answer not a thing wrong with the PV ..so when I say wire it direct to the Battery do it it will end the blinking out. Stay Safe, Stay Home and Stay Healthy Fred

PS If you feel you need to keep using the accessory plug. you could try Ferrite static traps may help

I had the fans before the power vision. I put some noise filters on the cable to the power vision. I may try some on fan cable. I like having the fan work with the switch but I may have to connect to the battery. Thanks Brother stay safe.

Seriously doubt that I'm extremely fortunate, but I do have two different electrical accessories connected to my trikes Accessory Plug, and my Power Vision's Display Screen has never had a flicker, flutter or flashing screen.....go figure!:Shrug:

I had the fans before the power vision. I put some noise filters on the cable to the power vision. I may try some on fan cable. I like having the fan work with the switch but I may have to connect to the battery. Thanks Brother stay safe.
The only other thing you could do but it would be extreme. Run another shield coating on the switched cable under the Tank that may end the interference(static). Good luck all these black outs do not damage the Powervision, causes you to panic yes LOL.

I maybe just put the cables on each side of the backbone of the frame. So many different things could be causing it. A bad switch etc. I believe your quickest route is direct wire to the battery. I have not had a problem with ours since and you will hear the fans when you shutdown the Trike. Stay Safe, Stay Home and Stay Healthy Fred

DSC00487.JPG

Seriously doubt that I'm extremely fortunate, but I do have two different electrical accessories connected to my trikes Accessory Plug, and my Power Vision's Display Screen has never had a flicker, flutter or flashing screen.....go figure!:Shrug:
Old Shiney is 11 years old I'm sure the wiring system is completely different and most likely better. I wish I could use that circuit but I cannot. Stay safe Stay home and Stay healthy Fred

Old Shiney is 11 years old I'm sure the wiring system is completely different and most likely better. I wish I could use that circuit but I cannot. Stay safe Stay home and Stay healthy Fred

Thanks!!.....Yea, I initially just wanted to address the OP's question in the original post about wiring/connecting his Mighty Might Love Jugs using the Accessory Connector. However, since a lot of the follow on posts were addressing PV Display issues, I felt a need to let the OP know that not all accessories connected to the Accessory Connector cause problems to a PV Tuner .

As you know posts often wander off topic, but usually contain really useful info. But we also know, we more offer than not, hear more stories about problems encountered, than reports of success stories.

Be safe and ride safe when you can, and blessings to us all.....Wes

My proof reading is not what it used to be that should have read I'm sure the newer models wiring system is completely different and most likely better I should have taken the time to proof read better sorry for any confusion. Hi jacking a thread is never good. Stay safe Stay home and Stay healthy :blush: Fred

I spoke with the service department today and they said that the accessory plug under the side cover is hot when the ignition switch is on and off when the switch is off. It is also hot when the ignition switch is in the accessory position so I could turn the engine off and keep the fans running if I want.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png