Windshields

rcappie

100+ Posts
Oct 16, 2019
La Porte
I'm coming off a '99 FLHTCI with full windshield.

Now I have a 2019 Tri Glide I'm looking over the

shield is this common, and what is everyone

changing to? I'm use to seeing thru not over

my windshield, anybody have this problem

or is it me? Hope I'm not opening up a can of worms.

Thanks

You landed in the right place

Thanks
Not at all Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania, I like to look over my windshield we use a LRS Flat top. I feel very little in in my face. If you have an OEM they are horrible for wind. Many Company's make windshields for the Harley's, if like looking through you can get a taller one I would suggest getting a recurve one of the height that works for you. Good luck in your search. :good:Stay Safe Fred DSC01027.JPG

Thanks

Check out LRS windshields. They have several models.

I use a 10" smoked in the Summer and can see over it. A12" clear for the Winter and look through it.

Not at all Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania, I like to look over my windshield we use a LRS Flat top. I feel very little in in my face. If you have an OEM they are horrible for wind. Many Company's make windshields for the Harley's, if like looking through you can get a taller one I would suggest getting a recurve one of the height that works for you. Good luck in your search. :good:Stay Safe Fred View attachment 86138

Thanks Fred, I'm getting alot of wind in my eyes now.

Will the recurve do away with that

Thanks Fred, I'm getting alot of wind in my eyes now.

Will the recurve do away with that
Yes and my bride likes the flat top she doesn't want me to change it. I have a old 6" on now for warmer weather an I have a 9" for colder weather. The new reaper LRS shields they say are really good also. Check out Long Ride Shields Website they have a chart on how to select the height for you. I'm 5'8" medium build there are several company's Freedom is another that comes to mind a recurve shield is the way to go. I'm sure more people will chime in and some with more miles on the road than I. :good: Stay safe Fred

I have three favorites, the 12" LRS Recurve in light tint (vote is still out about the light tint, to me it's a tad too dark), the 12" F4 Recurve in clear, both of those I look over but get no wind in my eyes, the recurve eliminates that. I also have the 10" wind splitter from Harley, which I look over and do get wind in my face, but, when it's 105*, I like that.

Of the two recurves, I like the F4 the best.

For one, it's clear and I think the light tint of the LRS is to dark for my tastes.

Next and the big reason I prefer the F4 is it's optically clear, the recurve doesn't have the waviness of the LRS. I don't look through that area much (mostly going up the bump on my driveway, loading it on the trailer and parking in the garage, gets tight), but, when I do, I prefer the optically clear F4. The HD wind splitter has the waves too, but towards the sides.

Finally, the F4 can be cleaned with water and a paper towel, no special cleaners needed. Very hard to scratch.

Richard, I have a tinted freedom shield that I moved over to my triglide from my ultra limited, probably has about 20 k miles on it, I’ve been very happy with it. I can see just over the top of the windshield but the air goes over my head, not sure what height I have but there is a guide on there web sight to help you determine height, and if I remember correctly you order the shield it comes with clear wrap on the shield, as long as you leave the wrap on the shield you can return it if you don’t like the height after you try it out. Good luck, there are many to chose from.

I like both Long Ride Shields (LRS) and Freedom Shields (FS). I have an 8 inch LRS Ultra Recurve Medium Tint that I was using mainly for winter and touring rides. My first Freedom Shields was a 7" Recurve that I swapped with the LRS for mostly local short summer rides .

About a year ago I switched to an 8" FS Touring Width, Medium Grey Tint, which has a wider style with the base of the shield extending out about 3″ wider on each side over the inner fairing. This pushed a bit more of the turbulent air out around the rider. I haven't felt the need to swapout two shields since adding the FS Touring Width.

I believe LRS now has a similar styled wide width shield they call The Reaper Recurve. I suspect it provides similar results as Freedom Shields Touring Width Recurve Model.

I personally don't think you can go wrong in getting a windshield from either of these companies. Just a matter of choosing the right height and style that suites you and a passenger best.

Wish ya the best.....Wes

Oh!...Freedom Shields does have that nice "Ride It and Return Policy" as mention above. Just remember, the cost each way is on our dime!!:)

FS 8" Touring Width

20190428_115847.jpg

LRS 8" Ultra Recurve

LRS Display 8 Inch Ultra Recurve.jpg

I'm using a X-Large recurve "Clearview" windscreen on my 2017 Tri Glide. I bought the large but the passenger still got some wind buffeting. Went with the X large and cleared that up. Also took a blemished one for 10% off. The blemish is below and near the mounting nut, can't be seen. Very satisfied.

We use a 12" touring recurve from Freedom, I prefer to look through the windscreen. The Misses is very happy with no wind on her.

Shield

I also use a LRS shield. Actually put on a shorter then stock shield and get less wind on myself and passenger. Check their site. Very reasonable and great customer service. That's. LRS. Long ride shields.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png