Tri-glide Air Horn Recommendations

Amputee55

40+ Posts
Sep 21, 2015
Cary, NC USA
Hey all,

I hope ya'll are surviving the Coronavirus epidemic.

Have any of you installed air horns on you trike?

The location of the stock air horn is not optimal, nor does it have sufficient loudness to scare off a deer, stray jay walker, or cages.

Rivco makes an air horn for the triglide; but blowback from the lowers would render them useless and deafen the rider. Has anyone tried mounting them on the crash bars?

It may look a bit crazy, but who cares if it saves you ass.

I've had Rivcos on other bikes and they worked great, but none of them had lowers which would block the sound. Besides I have a Pingel shifter that blocks use on any air horns in the stock location.

Thanks,

Mark

I run a 118 dB Air Horn with Chrome Dual Tone on my Softail and I would not want anything louder. It fits nicely inside of the passenger floorboard.

wolo2.jpg

If I wanted a louder horn on the TG I would run the same one. Not 100% sure where I would put it.

Kevin

I installed my air horn right where the old horn was. I used a 1" piece of angle iron to bolt the horn to, then bolted the angle iron where the old horn was. This Stebel horn sure gets people's attention, but should probably be installed with a relay. I'm thinking more sound requires more current.

IMG_0399[1].jpg

PC

I have one of those but haven't really found a place on the TG.

I installed my air horn right where the old horn was. I used a 1" piece of angle iron to bolt the horn to, then bolted the angle iron where the old horn was. This Stebel horn sure gets people's attention, but should probably be installed with a relay. I'm thinking more sound requires more current.

View attachment 86786

PC

Yeah, they need a relay like this ONE to get full power and not fry anything.

Here's a photo of one installed in place of the factory horn.

wolomountd.jpg

I don't really like it there, it conflicts with my fans.

I did try installing one under the seat...it was pretty loud for Mary, not so much elsewhere. :laugh:

I think the place to put it is behind the flat piece of the body, between one of the fenders and the center of the Trike. Just never got around to it for lack of feeling the need. I rarely use my horn.

Kevin

Yeah, they need a relay like this ONE to get full power and not fry anything.

Here's a photo of one installed in place of the factory horn.

wolomountd.jpg

I don't really like it there, it conflicts with my fans.

I did try installing one under the seat...it was pretty loud for Mary, not so much elsewhere. :laugh:

I think the place to put it is behind the flat piece of the body, between one of the fenders and the center of the Trike. Just never got around to it for lack of feeling the need. I rarely use my horn.

Kevin

Horns are mostly used in frustration......To blow off steam after the fact...:laugh:...

Awareness of the situation works better than the loudest of horns....

​BTW, don't believe every manufacturer's claim of high decibels as it all depends on where the sound meter is located and if it was calibrated correctly. Listen to one demonstrated at a bike show for the actual affect.

PC

I'm Horny

Since long before I converted my 07 UC to Roadsmith, I hated the stock HD horn. I never felt that it provided me a 'circle of sound' often times needed on South Florida roadways. I replaced it with a two trumpet RIVCO which was an improvement, but sounded like a European taxi. Several years later, after I converted to 3 wheels, the RIVCO died. So, I wanted to buy something even louder. An after market store recommended the Wolo Bad Boy, with it's 118db sound. Installed it and I am disappointed once again. Why can't I find a testicle fondling, earth shattering horn system to alert those 'grey hair Crown Vics that I'm always having to dodge. I've removed the vent assembly on the lowers and feel that trumpets sticking out each side of the forks would work well. n

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1836-2.jpg
    IMG_1836-2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1950-2.jpg
    IMG_1950-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
I had a car/truck air horn on my Goldwing, small compressor in the saddlebag and it was well hidden behind the fender of the Voyager unit.

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 47
Since long before I converted my 07 UC to Roadsmith, I hated the stock HD horn. I never felt that it provided me a 'circle of sound' often times needed on South Florida roadways. I replaced it with a two trumpet RIVCO which was an improvement, but sounded like a European taxi. Several years later, after I converted to 3 wheels, the RIVCO died. So, I wanted to buy something even louder. An after market store recommended the Wolo Bad Boy, with it's 118db sound. Installed it and I am disappointed once again. Why can't I find a testicle fondling, earth shattering horn system to alert those 'grey hair Crown Vics that I'm always having to dodge. I've removed the vent assembly on the lowers and feel that trumpets sticking out each side of the forks would work well. n

Any suggestions?

John….Welcome to Trike Talk…..👍👍..

Awareness of the situation works better than the loudest of horns....

Agreed, ......most of the time. Then there are the times when you're behind someone that doesn't have the skill to pull out in heavy traffic and they need a dose of encouragement.

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png