What kind of milage are you getting

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am finally able to get out on my newly converted trike. I have converted my 2015 H-D Road Glide with a Motor Trike kit .

I am sure this has been discussed however I would still like to ask. Having become used to a 40-50 mpg on the two wheeler however I am curious as to what your trikes are averaging. Right now I am getting around 33 mpg. Now before you start I really did not expect to get the same mileage as the two wheeler:). I am just being curious. Thanks, be safe, and wash your hands! Ed

CVO Trike 6.jpg

Nice Trike

Mine is a 2017 with 47000 on it now

I have tracked the last 31 tanks of gas in a spreadsheet

Average is 36.5 MPG with a minimum of 33.6 and a maximum of 41.3

I went for a 138 mile ride today on two lane roads in Southern Indiana and got 40.9 Mpg running 55-60 MPH

I have installed several items from DK Products including Tank Lift, Cooling Deflector wings, Oil Filter Relocation kit with oil cooler, Outlaw reusable oil filter, External Breather system and Thunder Torques.

I also have HD Stage 1 Screaming Eagle air filter and Exhaust.

Love Jugs Mighty Mites too.

All of this keeps my engine cool and gives it more power.

It has helped the mileage also as long as my wrist stays under control.

Bob

Like on a two wheeler ... mileage is relative to how you ride, wind, load, blipping the throttle, mountains ... in Carbondale, you have some gorgeous ones. Having a third wheel, you will have lots more drag and about 50% more weight.

On the tri I range about 33-35 on the highway. My last Mesquite trip I averaged 34.5 mpg running 80-85 mph for the almost 2k miles I did. Last year going to the HOG rally in Breckenridge, from Grand Junction to there and back I averaged 39.49, guess the Fat Bottom Girl like altitude.

I've got as high as 42 mpg on roads where 60 is the speed limit and as low as 29 mpg on a highway with a head wind.

I'm getting around 34-35 MPG at 70-75 MPH. I have a stock 17 M-8 Motor with Decatted head pipe, V&H Trike mufflers, open air filter with a Power Vision and Target Tune.

What kind of milage are you getting

Hi all,

I am finally able to get out on my newly converted trike. I have converted my 2015 H-D Road Glide with a Motor Trike kit .

I am sure this has been discussed however I would still like to ask. Having become used to a 40-50 mpg on the two wheeler however I am curious as to what your trikes are averaging. Right now I am getting around 33 mpg. Now before you start I really did not expect to get the same mileage as the two wheeler:). I am just being curious. Thanks, be safe, and wash your hands! Ed
Normally we stick to 55mph highways and roads or the 45mph Blue Ridge Parkway (some sections are posted 35), seldom ever will you find us on interstates. Almost always, "Wife Unit" is on the trike with me.

If not hitting interstates, 35-37 mpg is not unusual. I have seen 38 mpg after a long spell of running 50 or so mph.

If I've spent the day on the BRP, even with down shifts and grades both ways, I have seen 40 mpg.

But … if we hit the interstate, ride a hundred or 200 or so miles … fill up … then it's in low '30s … if I'm lucky. I have seen 29 mpg running 70 mph two up.

Trailer never seems to hurt it, it's a low sitting Cyclemate CM2000.

BTW, nice looking unit there!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png