Major wiring questions!!! Help

Ghostrider1

Nov 2, 2019
New Franklin
Hey guys I need help figuring out the wiring for the starting diagram of my Automatic transmission trike. I want to make sure it will not start while it is in gear. I have been racking my brain trying to decide how is the easiest and best way to to this. I also need to know if I need to purchase a turn signal control module canceler because I have to hold the handlebar switch in for them to work at the present time. any help would be appreciated. Rich

Attachments

• 20190929_174909.jpg
    20190929_174909.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 134
Did not know that there was a turn signal cancelor on the handlebar switch.

For the automatic transmission, well did you get the switch and harness that was on it ?

Than just look up the year bug it came from and look at it's wiring diagram and make it work on the trike. could be wrong.

This is also what I remember.

I have never had a vw full auto. But as stated I also remember the switches and the gear detents all being in the shifter itself.

My signals came to me wired to the harley switches on the bars. Without any controller to run them they would only stay on as long as the button was held down. While trying to decide on a controller for them I wired a single pole double throw switch on the dash, in parallel with the bar switches. Now I can have a short burst or constant on, but I still have remember to turn them off! Still need to buy a controller for best operation.

My signals came to me wired to the harley switches on the bars. Without any controller to run them they would only stay on as long as the button was held down. While trying to decide on a controller for them I wired a single pole double throw switch on the dash, in parallel with the bar switches. Now I can have a short burst or constant on, but I still have remember to turn them off! Still need to buy a controller for best operation.

wire an old fashion car flasher into the system

Well all my bikes you have to hold the button for the signals to work. I consider it a safety feature. I never leave them on, so no one pulls out in front of me thinking I'm gonna turn.:Shrug:

My wiring came out of the bug, cut up and modified for the trike, so I have a turn signal flasher wired in off the supply fuse, and it is wired for the hazard flasher pot, but do not have the need for that yet. The handle bar grip control is a slide switch for turn signals and the push button for high/low headlight and push button for the horn. Kind a thought most all were set up that way until I looked around more... I hope you do figure it out, remember simple easy setup can be the better way to go.

Turn signals

After some investigating I found a company that make the perfect part for this kind of build.

They are called Signal Dynamics

If you search https://www.signaldynamics.com/self-canceling-turn-signal-module/amazon,ebay, and even Walmart.com you can find the part very reasonable.

The part # I used was 01501. The instructions could be clearer, just make sure to use a fuse on the main power and also power the wires going to your switches. It is not very clear from what a few of my friends looking at the instructions thought.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png