Prayers for Harley

FuzzyWuzHe

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
This morning my little buddy woke barely able to walk and stand. When I picked him up he felt warm to the touch.

Called the Vet, he’s a friend, at home and he said to get him in ASAP ... I dropped him off and he’s done blood work.

Waiting to hear.

Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

This morning my little buddy woke barely able to walk and stand. When I picked him up he felt warm to the touch.

Called the Vet, he’s a friend, at home and he said to get him in ASAP ... I dropped him off and he’s done blood work.

Waiting to hear.

Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

I hope all is well and he is just got a cold or something. Hang in there.

Update

Just got a call from the Vet, my buddy has a massive infection, not sure from what, they have him on IV fluids and IV antibiotics. They are running a culture, but, those results may take some time.

Doc said the next several hours will tell the tale.

Alan...read my text ASAP about Vestibular Syndrome...also known as Old Dog Syndrome... nothing to do with infection but just wanted you to be aware of this condition as old dogs are vulnerable. I almost let the vet put Stretch to sleep but decided to ride it out...he woke up 2 hours later after the attack, feeling good and has been a ball of fire ever since for a tiny toy poodle who is 16-17 years old.

Alan...read my text ASAP about Vestibular Syndrome...also known as Old Dog Syndrome... nothing to do with infection but just wanted you to be aware of this condition as old dogs are vulnerable. I almost let the vet put Stretch to sleep but decided to ride it out...he woke up 2 hours later after the attack, feeling good and has been a ball of fire ever since for a tiny toy poodle who is 16-17 years old.

Harley definitely has an infection ... elevated white count, elevated fever ... the vet may keep him over night.

The little guy is home ... not to spunky, but, very clingy. Not sure I'll be riding for awhile, not sure I'll leave him alone anytime soon.

When I got him there this morning, they said he had a 104.5* temp. I guess dogs typically run between 101.5* and 102.5* as normal. His white blood cell was was like 50% higher than normal. They did a full body inspection looking for bites, cuts, etc. They did X-rays looking for internal injuries (no charge), they gave him IV fluids and IV antibiotics. Just before I picked him up they gave him an antibiotic shot which is all he'll get until the morning.

He also came home with some high protein soft food to help him recover and more antibiotics (pills) to take for 10 days. We (Harley and I both) are whipped. We are going to hit the hay and hopefully he'll be a little better each day.

I need to get him in again in the morning, doc wants to take his temp again and check him over again (no charge). It's good to have a vet as a friend (used to work on his pool before he sold his house (no charge). I also did a pool inspection for the buyer (no charge).

Whe I picked Harley up, the nurse told me no charge, I left 2 $100 bills in their homeless pet jar ... :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png