• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Road Zep seat Or anything else

PosseRider

3750+ Posts
Reaction score
I need something better. Anyone using a Zeppelin & have you had any problems. Need some ideas for a new seat

We have a zeppelin Bill, we both like it, 5 years and no problems yet.

Seat

Never had the Zep, tried it and Didn’t care for it......have had the Hammock now for 8 years and very happy with it! JMO

:clapping:

JMHO, Nothing is better then the RZ seat - NOTHING. All other seats are static which means the surface area doesn't change at all. Pressure points stay the same. RZ seat can be infinitely changed so there is no set pressure point. I've had 2 RZ seats, one for the older bikes and the new model I have now that I switch from bike to bike.

Even without the air bladders, I feel the design of the RZ seat a lot more comfortable than the stock seat because it is so much wider which means more support area.

Unless you can exchange the seat if you don't like it after a couple months (which is about how long it takes to see if you really like it), buying an aftermarket seat can be very expensive if you have to go through multiple seats to find the correct one.

If you don't plan on long distance trips, buying an aftermarket seat is throwing away money - IMO.

Before buying any seat, at least take it for a test ride.

Other than your mufflers, the seat is the biggest/most important decision you will make.

Good luck.

Forgot to mention, the RZ seat will sit you a little bit closer to the front. You can still raise/lower the height.

I had a Zep on my 15 Tri. And every ultra before that ... It's next on the list for this Tri. I've been pointing my $$$ into keeping the engine cool ... then getting the comfy ride (shocks) ... next will be the Zep.

My philosophy on extended comfort has always been giving myself the ability to vary riding positions. This includes various foot positions, a back rest that can allow me to vary the back's position along with the feet and the Zep to allow various b$tt positions.

How does the Zep do that? In a couple ways. It's wider than my b$tt, and that's saying something ... LOL. Being so wide, you can slide side to side a little and maybe a little forward or back. Then there is the "shift on the fly" aspect. By adding or subtracting the air you get various other "riding" positions.

There is another aspect of the Zep that I've always liked. It's a tall seat that allows me more leg room. The height can be an issue for shorter riders and on two wheelers was even more so. A friend of mine liked the Zep on my 15 tri, ordered one for his 16 ultra low, when he picked up the bike he couldn't touch the ground with both feet anymore. He had to have the dealer put a lower seat on, sold the Zep on eBay. It's not as much an issue on a tri, putting the feet down is a no no anyway.

Mustang is the way to go! Tried road zeppelin and hammock hated both.

+1 on Mustang. First Mustang seat I had was on a 2000 Road King. Wife and I both loved it. 5 years later traded the RK for a 2005 CVO Electraglide and transferred the Mustang seat from the RK to the Electraglide.

Rode it for 7 years with the same Mustang seat. That's 12 years and 118K miles on the Mustang seat. Traded the 2005 for a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tourer. Mustang didn't have a seat for the Victory at the time so bought an Ultimate seat. It was good but maybe not as good as the Mustang. Traded the Victory in for my 2015 Freewheeler.

Mustang didn't have a seat yet for the Freewheeler so I upgraded to a HD Sundowner Seat and even had a gel pad added to the seat. Not good. As soon as Mustang came out with a FW seat I bought one and butt has been happy since. Also have a Mustang seat on my '79 FLH Harley. I think Mustang seats are hard to beat.

Sunman

Had a Mustang years ago. OK but not spectacular for us. Janiene likes the pass seat part of our redone seat, but the front is getting hard on me. Ordered an AirHawk pad. will see how that works. Thanks for your suggestions

Hey Bill.Nice new bike.I have a zep for 5 years what I like is you can change it and it makes a my butt feel better.Be safe:qpnmt::qpnmt:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png