Prepping for Kira

FuzzyWuzHe

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
So last week I did lots of Amazon shopping to get ready for the little girl coming home.

Got a new crate, she's gonna be too big for Harley's. Got some new bowls, will be large at first, but, they'll work out. Got her a "cave" to sleep in.

IMG_0157.jpeg

I also got a ramp designed to be used to get a dog into the back of an SUV that is perfect for along side my bed.

IMG_0158.jpeg

She'll have the wall on one side, and the bed on the other. It goes right up to my end table, which I covered with a throw rug.

I was thinking I had another week to get ready for her, but, yesterday I got a call from the groomer that the VET said she is ready to come home. This lady lives about 45 minutes from me, in Mack, and was coming into town today around 9am today to meet up with a couple that bought Kira's brother. So, we agreed to meet at Cabella's parking lot to deliver the pups.

I told the lady that does my sewing that she was coming home a week early. She insisted I bring her to her house so she could get some puppy love. This lady owns 3 dachshunds, so I was a tad worried what might happen.

IMG_0161.jpeg

Kira was a hit and Grandma Rojean, that's what we call her, couldn't put her down. Grandma Rojean still has 2 jackets of mine she's fixing, so I figured I'd better let her if I ever wanted to see the jackets again.

Kira was getting pretty tired and I still needed to introduce her to Annabelle, the 117# Rotty/Lab mix ... wasn't sure how that would go, so I brought her home and did the introductions. Annabelle was mothering Kira and was very gentle with her. Not sure I'll ever leave her alone with Annabelle, still gun shy over Harley loosing his eye, but, it seems like they could be friends with supervision.

After that, I introduced Kira to the new room, her new toys and her food and water bowls, sufficiently stocked. She played really hard for about 20 minutes, then she found the ramp. She marched right up it and buried her head under my pillow and crashed.

IMG_0175.jpeg

She fell asleep almost immediately ... and has been snoring pretty hard. She's had a big day ... LOL. I went into the kitchen, made myself a sandwich and when I came back, she had moved a bit, but is still zonked.

Kira Snoozing.jpg

I plan to let her out to do her biz as soon as she wakes up. I had promised to take her to meet the God dogs, but, I think that will have to wait until another day ... I forgot she's a puppy and tires easily. Seems she has two speeds, All Ahead Full and Dead Stop ... LOL.

So, in summary, she's eaten, had a treat, drank water, peed, pooped and slept. So, it seems she is pretty healthy.

So last week I did lots of Amazon shopping to get ready for the little girl coming home.

Got a new crate, she's gonna be too big for Harley's. Got some new bowls, will be large at first, but, they'll work out. Got her a "cave" to sleep in.

View attachment 88541

I also got a ramp designed to be used to get a dog into the back of an SUV that is perfect for along side my bed.

View attachment 88542

She'll have the wall on one side, and the bed on the other. It goes right up to my end table, which I covered with a throw rug.

I was thinking I had another week to get ready for her, but, yesterday I got a call from the groomer that the VET said she is ready to come home. This lady lives about 45 minutes from me, in Mack, and was coming into town today around 9am today to meet up with a couple that bought Kira's brother. So, we agreed to meet at Cabella's parking lot to deliver the pups.

I told the lady that does my sewing that she was coming home a week early. She insisted I bring her to her house so she could get some puppy love. This lady owns 3 dachshunds, so I was a tad worried what might happen.

View attachment 88543

Kira was a hit and Grandma Rojean, that's what we call her, couldn't put her down. Grandma Rojean still has 2 jackets of mine she's fixing, so I figured I'd better let her if I ever wanted to see the jackets again.

Kira was getting pretty tired and I still needed to introduce her to Annabelle, the 117# Rotty/Lab mix ... wasn't sure how that would go, so I brought her home and did the introductions. Annabelle was mothering Kira and was very gentle with her. Not sure I'll every leave her alone with Annabelle, still gun shy over Harley loosing his eye, but, it seems like they could be friends with supervision.

After that, I introduced Kira to the new room, her new toys and her food and water bowls, sufficiently stocked. She played really hard for about 20 minutes, then she found the ramp. She marched right up it and buried her head under my pillow and crashed.

View attachment 88544

She fell asleep almost immediately ... and has been snoring pretty hard. She's had a big day ... LOL. I went into the kitchen, made myself a sandwich and when I came back, she had moved a bit, but is still zonked.

View attachment 88545

I plan to let her out to do her biz as soon as she wakes up. I had promised to take her to meet the God dogs, but, I think that will have to wait until another day ... I forgot she's a puppy and tires easily. Seems she has two speeds, All Ahead Full and Dead Stop ... LOL.

So, in summary, she's eaten, had a treat, drank water, peed, pooped and slept. So, it seems she is pretty healthy.

:clapping:..ThumbUpThumbUp...........

Going to be fun watching her grow up. So enjoy. I must be a pushover cause every dog I've ever had has my number just as soon as I pick them up.;););)

We had a great first night ... went to bed around 8:30, my normal ... :blush: ... Kira woke around 1:30 and we did the potty thing ... we came back in and she played about 20 minutes or so and fell asleep again. She didn't wake up until about 7 am. So, pooch and dad are pretty well rested.

Kira is all rested up and has gone into a play like crazy mode ... for about an hour ... then sleeps for an hour to hour and a half ... I'm glad for the sleep time .. LOL ... she is wearing me out.

She's only had 1 accident in the house ... an that was when we first got home. Kira was running around "looking" and I had forgotten that's what puppies do when they need to go. So, she did a dump in my bath room .... she did find the right place ... LOL ... it was like a little tootsie roll ... since then, she's got me trained to be alert to the "potty dance" ... we have a routine ... we play for a bit, sleep for a bit (I mostly just rest), then potty ... repeat as necessary ... :D

Just to bring trikes into this ... :D ... I'm glad I got the trike shocks done last week ... it's gonna be awhile before she's ready for the trike ... but I have a plan, she's had the doggies on already, but she's not real fond of them, she doesn't even like her collar .. :AGGHH: ... she'd of made a good hippie ... she likes free ranging. I'm doing collar and goggles a bit each day, not together.

Step 1: Today we get used to playing in the pet palace, I figure a week or so for this step. Today we are also doing a ride in the Jeep's car seat.

Step 2: I'll move the pet palace to the trike and let her play in it a little bit each day. Maybe another week.

Step 3: I start the trike and let her get used to the sounds for a bit. Maybe a week of this too.

Step 4: Short rides, increasing in distance until she's comfortable.

I think she'll do fine with the plan, she isn't afraid of anything ... even Annabelle ... :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png