Introduction

FuzzyWuzHe

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
Apparently I've been an "Emotional Mess" since Harley passed according to Mom. She maybe right, but???

I'm proud to introduce my "Early Birthday" present. Her name will either be Kira or Bella (leaning to Kira, a beam of of light), to be determined after I get her. She is a 5 1/2 week old AKC registered Jack Russell. The story goes that a lady had put a deposit on her then passed. Mom knows the breeder and she offered her to Mom for the balance. Mom took me out to show me her "purchase". I'm not sure I'm buying the story, but, Can't be mad at Mom for trying to make me whole ... I guess.

I told Mom, "So she's your dog." She said. "No, I got her for you. I have paid for her and there are no refunds."

I was shocked, needless to say, I'm not sure I'm in a place that I'm capable to take care of a puppy. I better get there soon, because she comes home 6/14/20.

Having said all that, the breeder handed her to me (pretty sure I was set up), and she commenced to giving me the most awesome puppy kisses. Yep, she stole my heart. Guess I have a new riding buddy.

She is a little butterball, guess it's true, the dogs tend to look like their owners, although, I'm fairly sure she will end up owning me.

IMG_0008.jpeg

She is the white with brown spots one.

IMG_0009.jpg

I was kind of glad that I out lived Harley ... guess I'm in this for at least another 12-20 years.

And yes, she stole my heart.

Apparently I've been an "Emotional Mess" since Harley passed according to Mom. She maybe right, but???

I'm proud to introduce my "Early Birthday" present. Her name will either be Kira or Bella (leaning to Kira, a beam of of light), to be determined after I get her. She is a 5 1/2 week old AKC registered Jack Russell. The story goes that a lady had put a deposit on her then passed. Mom knows the breeder and she offered her to Mom for the balance. Mom took me out to show me her "purchase". I'm not sure I'm buying the story, but, Can't be mad at Mom for trying to make me whole ... I guess.

I told Mom, "So she's your dog." She said. "No, I got her for you. I have paid for her and there are no refunds."

I was shocked, needless to say, I'm not sure I'm in a place that I'm capable to take care of a puppy. I better get there soon, because she comes home 6/14/20.

Having said all that, the breeder handed her to me (pretty sure I was set up), and she commenced to giving me the most awesome puppy kisses. Yep, she stole my heart. Guess I have a new riding buddy.

She is a little butterball, guess it's true, the dogs tend to look like their owners, although, I'm fairly sure she will end up owning me.

View attachment 88229

View attachment 88230

I was kind of glad that I out lived Harley ... guess I'm in this for at least another 12-20 years.

:clapping:........ThumbUpThumbUp...........:)..

Congrats Alan :clapping: Jack Russels are a hand full of energy .

Congrats Alan :clapping: Jack Russels are a hand full of energy .

Dang ... they must be ... you had to say it twice ... LOL

The vet told me to get lots of balls, and one of those sticks that throw them ... I wonder who will learn to fetch????

View attachment 88229

View attachment 88230

I agree with David she is coming into your live at a good time. She will not take Harleys place believe me and never will.. But she will make her own place that is every bit as important to you. Thank GOD for the help she will give you and ENJOY. CONGRATS

Congrats on the new family member.

Our Yorkie, Dinky, is not long for this world as he will turn 16 in June. We are enjoying every minute we have with the little guy. I doubt there will be another dog for a long time. When Dink's brother, Darby, died last January, it was such a hard time for us. It will be even harder when Dink goes. I so dread it.

Alan, we have a Jack and she is very special, barks a little too much but the most loving dog I have ever known, good luck, Alan.

Hmmm ... "Barks a little too much" and "good luck" ... at least you didn't say, "be afraid, be very afraid" :AGGHH:... all kidding aside, I've never met a dog that couldn't train me. Not been so lucky with the wife thing ... guess a dog needs to be trained by a dog ... :Shrug:

The Jack Russell has one aspect that none of my wives had ... I didn't have a hand in picking her ... :blush:

P.S. I've decided on Kira ... went through a Bible study a couple months back, maybe as long as a year ago ... everything is blurring together as I grow older. I really enjoyed the author's perspective and decided to see if she'd done any others.

She ended up being a bit of an enigma, and very obscure. As far as I could tell, she hadn't written anything else that I could find. Anyway, while trying to research her, I came across an interview from some publisher site that basically discussed how she got the name of Kira.

Long story short, her folks had been through a lot, and when it seemed they couldn't deal with anything else, they got pregnant. Her folks worked hard to "get ready" for their first child. Putting the Childs future needs first, the rest of their life seemed to fall in place.

When she was born, her folks were in a much better place for all the work they had done and realized their child was like a "Beam of Light" that led them out of a dark place, even before she was born. They did the child naming book thing and came upon the name Kira, which comes from lots of different cultures going back as far as Ki Ra meaning like Ra, a beam of light, from Ancient Egypt.

That story always resonated with me and stuck. I can't even remember the author's last name, but, I always thought some day I would name a bike or trike, or maybe a car Kira. As you know, Harley's passing hit me hard, and I was in a funk, still am. I had no plans of another dog (I still have to worry about caring for Annabelle if/when mom passes) ... The pet palace has already been bagged in a plastic bag and put in the garage rafters.

Anyway, when the little Jack Russell got sprung on me ... my first reaction was shock ... see the expression on my face in the pic ... but, almost immediately, the funk lightened a little. That story came flying back and I just kinda knew she'd be Kira, my beam of light. I guess it's true, when God closes a door, he opens a window.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png