• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Tire time

Wmitz

200+ Posts
Reaction score
Well that didn’t take long, lol. At about 7k on the clock, have about a 3/32 of tread left, so it is getting close. Most likely going to get the Avon AV91 trike tire. Where is the best pricing found and what is everybody using for balancing. Thanks

Front Tire

I bought the AV91 Tire from J&P Cycles because of free shipping. Delivery was very fast. Took it to dealer for mounting and balancing mainly because of chrome wheel. Very satisfied with the performance of this tire on the terrible roads of Western NY and PA. No experience with wet conditions but tracks well on crowned roads and off-camber corners.

Dennis Kirk was out so I checked Amazon and found one from Cycle City with prime for a comparable price. Got it in about 4 days.

Ran the previous tire a Avon Cobra down to the wear bar in one place and got 22000 miles out of it.

My shop did not have Dyna bead so went with weights, I do want to try the beads so I may get some and put them in myself.

Bob

dyna beads

Dennis Kirk was out so I checked Amazon and found one from Cycle City with prime for a comparable price. Got it in about 4 days.

Ran the previous tire a Avon Cobra down to the wear bar in one place and got 22000 miles out of it.

Bob

My shop did not have Dyna bead so went with weights, I do want to try the beads so I may get some and put them in myself.

I have used the dyna bead and did not care for them a few friends have used them also and didnt like them so I will not try again just my opinion

I would check ahead with your local dealers because some won't mount tires you don't purchase from them. I have 1 that will.

I got my Avon from Cycle Gear because I have a store close, they give me a Veterans discount & they will mount and balance the tire purchased from them for $25.

I don't need one now but...

I have a Commander II rear tire on the front of old Shiney going on three years 12,000 plus still over half tread left. Now I hear of recalls changing the Avon Trike tire etc. and other issues with them. Michelin is now making a Commander III little stiffer casing Tad lower profile for touring models I may just try another rear tire mounted on the front. The tire I have is great for tracking great in the rain and all round great product so. I do believe it's Michelin for me just sayin. Good luck on your choice. FredDSC01178.JPG

Avon 91 tire

I got my AV91 from Dennis Kirk It's been on for about three weeks. I have put around 500 miles on it and it still Buzzes in the Handle Bars around 45-60 MPH kind of Annoying! Others on here have had the same problem. I've been running it at 40 PSI; max pressure for the tire. Some say to run it with 41 PSI but haven't yet. Its hot here in the 90 to 100 degree range and have hoped that it would wear in but no luck. Its balanced with lead stick on.

I am going to put the commander III on mine in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I just today had hand surgery so I will be non-riding until late August or so. I debated between that and Avon. Ig you can find an independent mechanic you might get a better price especially if they sell a bunch of tires. Just a thought.

i live in NE TN so I travel twisties almost exclusively. I only got 10,000 miles on the factory Dunlop. I envy those of you getting 15-20 thousand miles on a tire.

Thanks to all, I ordered the tire thru the dealer, $137.95, an hour to install etc, should be here this week.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png