Suspension question

Mar 14, 2013
Rockwood, TN
My cousin just bought her first trike yesterday. It is a 2006 GL1800 Navi with a 2014 CSC conversion. It was purchased from an auto dealer not from the previous owner.

I hope I can clearly explain the question.

On the left fairing there is a panel with the headlight adjustment and some other switches (very similar to my own Motortrike panel). One of the switches seems to be to adjust, Up/Down, the air suspension. To the right of that switch are two other smaller switches....Mem 1 and Mem 2.

When you press the Up/Down switch there is a beeping sound and the Navi LCD panel shows an "Invalid Operation" message.

The auto dealer does not have an answer and we have not been able to contact the previous owner.

On my Motortrike that Up/Down switch raises and lowers the chassis. I assume(d) that it does the same on the CSC conversion and probably has a two position height memory. None of the switches seem to do anything except make the beeping sound and show the "Invalid Operation" message.

Can anyone explain what/how it should function?

Thank you.

From the CSC web sight: OEM hydraulic preload adjuster is retained for GL1800 models.

On your Motortrike, the raising and lowering is slight. It occurs as the the preload is increased or decreased but, I assume you know this.

Suspension adjustment

On my 2012, the bike needs to be in Neutral or the key in the Accessories position to operate the preload buttons. Otherwise, you will get an 'Invalid Operation' message.

Hydraulic shock " sus adj error "

I'm having the same problem with a 2010 Gold Wing and Champion conversion. I found one post on the internet where he took the pump off ( under right panel cover ) and took the hydraulic line off, pushed the piston down , put hydraulic oil in it put it back together and it worked. I'm on my way out to buy hydraulic oil. Good luck I found it under " sus adj error :.

I'm having the same problem with a 2010 Gold Wing and Champion conversion. I found one post on the internet where he took the pump off ( under right panel cover ) and took the hydraulic line off, pushed the piston down , put hydraulic oil in it put it back together and it worked. I'm on my way out to buy hydraulic oil. Good luck I found it under " sus adj error :.

James ...Welcome to Trike-Talk.......:wave4:.....

I have a 2007 that was converted to a CSC Viper in 2016. I had intermittent problems with the Suspension error message after the conversion. Then it began to happen more frequently. I went through a whole bunch of troubleshooting and couldnt seem to find the problem. I dont remember why I ended up trying this but one day, I reached up under the fairing from the front and pushed on the wiring connectors that plug into the back of the gauges. I found the one on right (while standing in front looking at trike) wasnt fully seated and snapped it in. After that, I havent had the suspension error come back. The only thing I can think of was that when the rake kit was installed. I believe that the gauges panel needs to be loosened and moved slightly to gain clearance for the rake kit. Maybe it even had to be removed. But whatever was done, either that connector worked it's way looser wasnt fully reconnected upon reassembly. Try checking this and see if it doesnt fix the problem.

Hydraulic shock " sus adj error "

This is jipice

I watched the same post and went and bought oil. BUT, I can't get to the pump because of the trike body. Mine is a 2010 Goldwing with a Champion straight axle conversion. Do you have the same problem ? I'm trying to find out how hard it is to remove the body. Am also considering a small cut in the trike body to allow access to the pump. Where are you at.

This is jipice

I watched the same post and went and bought oil. BUT, I can't get to the pump because of the trike body. Mine is a 2010 Goldwing with a Champion straight axle conversion. Do you have the same problem ? I'm trying to find out how hard it is to remove the body. Am also considering a small cut in the trike body to allow access to the pump. Where are you at.

You should be able to remove the bolts (6) from the body and shift it to the right side enough to remove the pump without removing the body. You can also make a cut that won't show to access it easier.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back