Front suspension (Fork) upgrade opinions

14TG

80+ Posts
Dec 24, 2023
New Castle, PA, USA
I have a 2014 Tri Glide….

I’ve been eyeing up the ProAction front fork kit, and have seen a few others including the DK “Intimidator” valve kits.

Any Input on the ProAction kit or any others!

Personal experience, pros or cons?

(going to post this on the HD Forum so if you’re members on there too, apologies ahead of time for a repeat question).

I’ve been eyeing up the ProAction front fork kit, and have seen a few others including the DK “Intimidator” valve kits.

Any Input on the ProAction kit or any others!

Personal experience, pros or cons?

(going to post this on the HD Forum so if you’re members on there too, apologies ahead of time for a repeat question).

I have Pro front & rear. happy also this is 2nd trike i have had Pro on

No experience with ProAction on front. But have had Traxxion Dymamics AKs, Harley premium ride cartridges and Legend Axeo cartridges on various bikes and trikes. Just installed DK intimidators on my 2024 TG. IMO they are on par with the others for comfortable ride and much less expensive.

No experience with ProAction on front. But have had Traxxion Dymamics AKs, Harley premium ride cartridges and Legend Axeo cartridges on various bikes and trikes. Just installed DK intimidators on my 2024 TG. IMO they are on par with the others for comfortable ride and much less expensive.

Thank you for the info. I’ve been eyeing the Intimidators and wondering on how much of a difference.

Thanks!

-Brett

I installed the “Intiminators “ a couple weeks ago and I pretty satisfied with the improvements. I really didn’t need cartridges, I don’t really ride this bike like I did my bagger. It smoothed out the front end without breaking the bank and was pretty easy to install.

Thanks. I was wondering if they (DK Intimidators) were actually that noticeable.

while I have this apart, this is what I’m contemplating to get these done now.

Thanks!

Brett

Thanks. I was wondering if they (DK Intimidators) were actually that noticeable.

while I have this apart, this is what I’m contemplating to get these done now.

Thanks!

Brett

I don’t think it’s a great change as far as being extreme but it’s more a subtle change that is surprisingly welcomed. Lime I said, adding progressive cartridges To my 07 was really extreme. But I was riding in the hills very aggressively. Not so much any more.

Thank you all for the input. I’ve been going back and forth on this….. with only 6,000 miles on this 2014 trike, do I just leave it alone? Do I maybe do it next year? ……and currently everything is easy and convenient to just do it now…. I decided to indeed go with the ProAction fork kit. (I already have their 14” shocks on the rear) and this should be a great combination with them!

I have read many reviews this past week on their fork kit (new Revision on them too) and talking with the guys at ProAction (George & DJ) I feel I made the best decision and looking forward to get them done next week!

Thank you all for the input, advice & experience!

-Brett

Thank you all for the input. I’ve been going back and forth on this….. with only 6,000 miles on this 2014 trike, do I just leave it alone? Do I maybe do it next year? ……and currently everything is easy and convenient to just do it now…. I decided to indeed go with the ProAction fork kit. (I already have their 14” shocks on the rear) and this should be a great combination with them!

I have read many reviews this past week on their fork kit (new Revision on them too) and talking with the guys at ProAction (George & DJ) I feel I made the best decision and looking forward to get them done next week!

Thank you all for the input, advice & experience!

-Brett

Brett - 6,000 miles on a 2014 trike. If correct, then you average about 600 miles per year (unless this is a recent purchase for you.

By all means, spend as much money on the trike as you like - trust me, we all do. Before I spend or add a product, I usually ask myself if this is something that I am going to use. Sort i=of like asking if you should buy a tire with a 40K warranty if you only drive 10K miles. After 5 or 6 years, I might replace those tires, regardless of the miles.

Brett - 6,000 miles on a 2014 trike. If correct, then you average about 600 miles per year (unless this is a recent purchase for you.

By all means, spend as much money on the trike as you like - trust me, we all do. Before I spend or add a product, I usually ask myself if this is something that I am going to use. Sort i=of like asking if you should buy a tire with a 40K warranty if you only drive 10K miles. After 5 or 6 years, I might replace those tires, regardless of the miles.

Hi,

actually, I ride quite a bit. I bought this 2014 Tri Glide this past September (it had 5,600 miles on it) in just a couple of weeks I put 500+ miles on it before PA weather forced to get it ready for a little nap.

It also had the original tires on it too, which was the first to change.

So I decided to get this customized now since I always do with my bikes that I know I’m going to keep for a long time.

So yes, I don’t mind putting the money into it especially if I’m going to enjoy it and get the benefit of it. I can be frugal, but not afraid to buy something I know I will use and enjoy it.

Timing also helps designate what when & where.

The only reason I was on the fence with a front fork change is that this is also my first trike. Even though I’ve had bikes for 40+ years, I know I will be noticing the new rear shocks. The question is how much will I notice the front at this time as well.

simply justifying the cost and hoping it will be noticeable, which I’m now sure this combo will give me plenty of “smiles per miles”.

This poor trike sat for many years and unfortunately was more neglected that I realized. So I will NOW give it the love and use/miles that it was intended for…. And all personalized the way I want it.

Once it’s all done in the next 4-6 weeks, I will make a post on here along with all the changes that were done over this winter.

Thanks,

Brett

Hi,

actually, I ride quite a bit. I bought this 2014 Tri Glide this past September (it had 5,600 miles on it) in just a couple of weeks I put 500+ miles on it before PA weather forced to get it ready for a little nap.

It also had the original tires on it too, which was the first to change.

So I decided to get this customized now since I always do with my bikes that I know I’m going to keep for a long time.

So yes, I don’t mind putting the money into it especially if I’m going to enjoy it and get the benefit of it. I can be frugal, but not afraid to buy something I know I will use and enjoy it.

Timing also helps designate what when & where.

The only reason I was on the fence with a front fork change is that this is also my first trike. Even though I’ve had bikes for 40+ years, I know I will be noticing the new rear shocks. The question is how much will I notice the front at this time as well.

simply justifying the cost and hoping it will be noticeable, which I’m now sure this combo will give me plenty of “smiles per miles”.

This poor trike sat for many years and unfortunately was more neglected that I realized. So I will NOW get the love and use that it was intended for…. And all personalized the way I want it.

Once it’s all done in the next 4-6 weeks, I will make a post on here along with all the changes that were done over this winter.

Thanks,

Brett

Thats my Ah Ha moment - then, good for you.

This is actually our second trike - my wife rode one from 1992 to 2004. Before then, she has a sidecar of her Wing. Our current trike is a 2021 and, we absolutely love this thing.

Almost no riding the first year - had hand surgery but we sort of made up for it the following riding season. Probably did 8K last year and already have several trips planned for this year (hopefully, the weather will be nice soon). We've already had some 70 deg days but they didn't last.

Yes, please do post some pictures when all is done - and enjoy.

I have no idea if you can buy „Wilbers“ products in the USA.

Its a German manufacturer and I have their springs and oil in my TGU 2015 frok.

Is more progressive. Fast and smooth reaction on smaller bumps, firm at bigger holes and hard breaking.

I have no idea if you can buy „Wilbers“ products in the USA.

Its a German manufacturer and I have their springs and oil in my TGU 2015 frok.

Is more progressive. Fast and smooth reaction on smaller bumps, firm at bigger holes and hard breaking.

I’ve heard of the “Wilbers” but never checked with anyone.

But I decided that I am going with ProAction fork kits. They’re already out and going to them on Monday.

Thanks,

Brett

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png