Bad Ass Trikes

ncmc47

Oct 26, 2019
Valentine NE USA
Does anyone have working e-mail or phone # for this company? I have tried to e-mail several times without success. Every time I got a message saying it wasn't a working address. I was trying to make a purchase.

Does anyone have working e-mail or phone # for this company? I have tried to e-mail several times without success. Every time I got a message saying it wasn't a working address. I was trying to make a purchase.

Steve welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍I personally don’t know anything about the company but unless you have the wrong email number I’ll be very careful about doing business with a company that doesn’t answer Emails right away. 😱—..

They went out of business some time ago. Check out the Anyone else and tech, tech, tech threads by Deathbysnusnu in VW trikes forum for more info on front engine trikes. He has CAD drawing files available for the BAT adapters.

I think his name is Mark.

I talked to him one time 10+ years ago. At that time he had given up on the VW trike business and had gone back to his regular job (I think it was power plant).

Back at that 10+ years ago he had some left over misc inventory.....and was willing to sell....that is IF you could catch him and pin him down to it.

As I heard it.....his last frame sold 5 or 6 years ago. I have a pic somewhere of that last one....a lot of the small parts had to be hand made.....as in none left to buy.

The info for building a front engine trike is out there.....but YOU will have to make the parts.

I made all my own parts..... especially after reviewing his. His was way to tall and way to light duty for my taste and needs.

All hope is not lost.

But you will have a lot of weld and fab work to do.

I can hook you up with a lot of info...but no physical parts.....instead with files to take to the machine shop and instruction.

It will be a considerable effort on your part to build one. It is not like a Hardley where you can just buy a pile of parts and put together a bike.

VW Mid Engine Trike

vw-mid engine.jpg-Trike VW mid engine.jpg-Mid-engine VW trike.jpg-Mid-engine VW trike2.jpgI would like to know how they do this Mid engine thing? I heard "BadAss" Used 2 transmissions, one was in reverse and the other regular 4 speed? I would like my next build to a VW mid engine???

None of the ones you pictures have the extension housing.

They may be mid engine.....but not front engine.

Go to the top of the page....where the sticky topics are. Click on the "Anyone Else" thread. That entire thread is about building a front engine with the two transmission cases.

I see that you "liked" the post but did not ask any further questions.

Feel free to ask anything vw trike here.

Here are a few things to consider about a front engine.

Most do not use the fan and blower housing.

Without the fan you MUST insure that you have strong air flow over the engine. And even then it is going to be difficult to tow or heavily load one without overheating.

I have seen (on the internet) several without the extension. As long as there is nothing in front of the engine they say it works. BUT most of them I have helped with had stuff blocking air flow......feet.....brake cyl...fairing....splash covers for you feet.....ECT.

Every one of those overheated.

The best way to go mid engine and no extension is to use the FULL fan and tins from a type 3 vw engine and never have to worry about over heating.

I run an extension housing and have mine straight in the wind with my feet up higher than the engine. It works..... but I doubt I could tow a trailer or go wide open all the time. I can burst out a massive amount of power and then cruise along and cool down. The wild temperature oscillations make it very hard to have a constant good carburetor jetting tune. (I am fuel injected)

Thank you Rex, That's a lot to take in when I am a novice to the VWs except for the simple 1600 and clip to a 2x3x.125 frame. 1-Trike by TomyJ.jpg-There's more photo's in here some where. Have you seem the Ron Berg VW front engine Hot Rod? Drive shaft? OMG I am so sorry Steve, are we stealing your thread? DAMN!

All hope is not lost.

But you will have a lot of weld and fab work to do.

I can hook you up with a lot of info...but no physical parts.....instead with files to take to the machine shop and instruction.

It will be a considerable effort on your part to build one. It is not like a Hardley where you can just buy a pile of parts and put together a bike.

Hi do you still got available those cad files need some help on the frame of front engine trike thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png