Back to wire problems.

USMC Old Dog

Aug 9, 2019
Ocala FL USA
Changed handlebars went for test ride. Everything works except cruise control, I get amber light but will not set and turn green. Check engine light is also on. Ran diagnostic test and got following codes: P1510, P2127, P2138, UD142 {may be UO). First 3 are from ECM. UD142 indicates lost communication with RHCM. ? is RHCM right hand control module? If so could problem all be coming from right hand controls? I have just finished checking all connections. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Bike runs fine just no cruise and check engine light on. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks again

Changed handlebars went for test ride. Everything works except cruise control, I get amber light but will not set and turn green. Check engine light is also on. Ran diagnostic test and got following codes: P1510, P2127, P2138, UD142 {may be UO). First 3 are from ECM. UD142 indicates lost communication with RHCM. ? is RHCM right hand control module? If so could problem all be coming from right hand controls? I have just finished checking all connections. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Bike runs fine just no cruise and check engine light on. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks again

P2127 and P2138 are codes for throttle sensor , your lost communication code is telling you something is wrong in the wiring in the RS switch half

Thanks for the quick answer, now excuse my ignorance but RS stands for what?

Right Side, did you have to do any soldering on your wires? Does your throttle grip bind? If you have it pushed up too far into the clamp it can bind and throw a couple of codes, the P1510 code will be another code related but not limited to the throttle and engine performance features Good Luck

Right Side, did you have to do any soldering on your wires? Does your throttle grip bind? If you have it pushed up too far into the clamp it can bind and throw a couple of codes, the P1510 code will be another code related but not limited to the throttle and engine performance features Good Luck

No solder so will go back over all connections and positions to see what comes up. Thanks much for your help.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png