What are they thinking

trike lady

8750+ Posts
Jun 26, 2008
Lovington, NM, U.S.A.
Here's a good laugh for everyone. The apartment complex is now allowing the tenants to have a hand gun but they must keep it in a locked box. Makes little sense if your apartment is being broken into and you need to protect yourself. What do you tell the burglar, hold on while I get my gun. I thought to myself what's the sense of having it if you cannot have ready access to it. I keep a can of wasp spray and a machete near by and no locked box required. One tenant has one and keeps it in the nightstand drawer so its easy to get to and management doesn't even know they have it. This all started when one tenant stated they wanted to be armed in these dangerous times we live in. It's their second amendment rights and they want to exercise it.

I do what I think keeps me safe. If you have night stand police checking for firearms, I'd find a different place to live. Mine is locked and loaded and within easy reach. If you break the rules of the apartment complex and live to tell about it...... Good for you..... Jim

While at work, I had a handgun stolen from my nightstand drawer while living in an apartment complex around 1978-79. It was buried under some junk in the drawer ... not immediately visible to the eye.

The door lock had been changed from the previous tenant. 3 people had access to my apartment...me, the maintenance man, and the apartment manager. The apartment had not been broken into...nothing was messed up and nothing else missing...but then I had nothing of real value. Nobody but me knew the gun was there. I called the police to report and document it. They questioned all 3 of us and that was the end of the story. No fingerprints taken..nothing.

But I wanted to make sure it was reported as stolen just in case it turned up at the scene of a crime somewhere so they would not come after me for the crime.

Lovington is a good area, its just that the main stream media is scaring the people. Now if I lived in Albuquerque I'd certainly want to get out of there.

I am always concerned about a gun getting into the wrong hands by thief. I have a friend with a business that was closed with the virus lockdown. He was taking some stuff over to his shop one evening and he surprised a burglar who had broken in to the shop. The burglar shot and Killed Oscar, with Oscar’s shop pistol. I don’t leave a weapon in the vehicle, I carry or it stays home.

Be safe out there.

Here's a good laugh for everyone. The apartment complex is now allowing the tenants to have a hand gun but they must keep it in a locked box. Makes little sense if your apartment is being broken into and you need to protect yourself. What do you tell the burglar, hold on while I get my gun. I thought to myself what's the sense of having it if you cannot have ready access to it. I keep a can of wasp spray and a machete near by and no locked box required. One tenant has one and keeps it in the nightstand drawer so its easy to get to and management doesn't even know they have it. This all started when one tenant stated they wanted to be armed in these dangerous times we live in. It's their second amendment rights and they want to exercise it.

like i told a friend, wasp spray dont go bang. like the machete ideal smaller pieces to depose of

I’d keep a weapon in a lockbox or safe When I Was Not Home, and accessible the remainder of the time. It’s your home, live how YOU choose there. (Just be cognizant that a bullet will completely penetrate the wall of the adjacent apartment (In most cases). You may want a weapon/ load the reduces that possibility.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png