Another diagnostic code ?

Aug 9, 2019
Ocala FL USA
New handlebars all installed with some of the normal problems that I have read about. Finally got it all sorted out and the codes cleared. Rode about fifty miles today, all was good horn, lights, turn signals, cruise control. I stopped for a break and parked in shade in a position I would have to reverse out. Reverse worked fine. Shifted to 1st to leave and check engine light came on, rode on toward home and tried the cruise control amber light came on but cruise would not set, no green light. At home ran diagnostic codes and got P1510, P2127, P2138. Same codes I had earlier when I changed handlebars. When I had these codes the first time it took reconnecting wires, moving throttle sensor around, etc. Finally I am not sure what changed but codes cleared and all was fine until today. Today when I got the same codes they cleared on first try. Reversed out of garage and then back in, no check engine light, checked for codes and found none. Just wondering if this was just an odd reading. Anyone with similar experience or an opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of responce

Ride long, ride safe,ride often!

Some times Historic codes are harder to clear

To determine if a code is current or historic, clear the displayed code by pushing in and holding the odometer reset button ( longer than 5 seconds) until 'clear' comes up. Release the odometer reset button. Turn OFF the ignition switch. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC's again by repeating steps 1 to 9. If the code is current it will reappear.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back