parking brake pedal upgrade -- options?

mud32768

Reaction score
Many of us put upgraded controls -- easy stuff like grips, shift knobs, brake pedal, etc.

I have been having a hard time finding options for upgrading the parking brake pedal on my Freewheeler .. which I assume is the same as the Tri-Glide in this regard. The black rubber pedal isn't cutting it next to the rest of the controls ...

Has anyone found any good options? Seems like RIVCO has a nice option and is reasonably priced at $12.95. Guess I was just wondering if there was something I was missing .. like the same pedal being used for the rear brake pedal as the parking brake? It doesn't look like it though ...

Thanks everyone :D

Mud

So Jack forgive me for asking as I'm sure you have checked this out . . . but I notice the pad you referenced (of which I have the grips and rear brake pedal) has a stud and nut to secure it to the pedal. I've not removed the oem cover on my parking brake but want to verify that the pedal does have a hole so this pad can be used. Thanks much.

Jerry, I bought the "Edge Cut" pad for my 20. There is a hole for the mounting screw

So Jack forgive me for asking as I'm sure you have checked this out . . . but I notice the pad you referenced (of which I have the grips and rear brake pedal) has a stud and nut to secure it to the pedal. I've not removed the oem cover on my parking brake but want to verify that the pedal does have a hole so this pad can be used. Thanks much.

Yes it does Jerry, here is a file on the install

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/216761?locale=en_US

This is so true.

Ive upgraded so many things and never given this a second thought. Your thread will now cost me about £50 haha. The search has began.

I am still waiting for the brake pedal and passenger floorboards ordered in August.

I am still waiting for the brake pedal and passenger floorboards ordered in August.

Me too. Ordered the chrome & rubber pad (42476-95) in August and still on backorder from H-D. Got a list of dealers from HD Net who supposedly have it in stock but no joy. This Covid and their new CEO's direction seems to be playing havoc with parts availability. That is one thing I always admired about H-D. I have ordered 000s of parts over the years and never encountered delays like this. In fact it was very unusual for any part to be on backorder and those few that were resolved quickly. No so much anymore sadly.

RIVCO worked

I ended up going with the RIVCO option. HD025-TG fits both Tri-Glide and Freewheeler and despite it saying fitment was 2014, it fit on my 2020 perfectly. Looks great with a bright chrome theme. Well built, sturdy, and surprisingly inexpensive.

The brake pedal cover I ordered in August came in last month. Now complete with all chrome and rubber footboards and pedals.

I am going the opposite direction and removing the mechanical brake completely and attempting to convert it to an electically operated parking brake !!!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png