Windshield height?

Gary, I am running freedom shield with windshield pouch and did not need longer screws. This is the second bike I have had this shield on and still looks new, would definitely buy again.

Oem 15 inch Windshield

I have a 2020 Tri Glide ultra. I'm 5'8" and was getting buffeting at 50+ mph. After 3600 miles I opted for a 15 inch Harley Davidson windshield. Maybe I could have gotten away with the OEM 12 inch. It cut the buffeting 90%+. I took it out for a 40 minute Freeway ride with speeds up to 75 and really enjoyed it. It was even at dusk/Night. You will be looking thru the windshield which I do not mind a bit. Fact is, I would rather clean the windshield (I carry a wet rag and dry micro fiber cloth) rather than my helmet shield. I am speaking from the drivers point of view. The reflection in the windshield (drawback everyone talked about) was a non issue with my Tri Glide. (15% reflection). As for the looks, going from the 10 inch OEM issued windshield to the 15 inch, Did not over inflate the looks to the point of "no way" I rather Like the new look. Did notice, at the top of the windshield at idle it has the famous Harley wobble/shake. A slight shake, only noticeable to myself, because I'm picky. This also opens the door to a different kinds of helmets that can be used behind the new windshield .

48EB1CE9-5024-4A42-84D5-443CD8F1041E.jpeg

2AF8B29F-6E67-4D56-9CD1-913EBB249E73.jpeg

Last edited:
The center screw is not long enough if you also have a windshield pouch. It feels like about 2 or 3 threads actually engage. I bought a longer screw but it wasn't a torx head. I told the dealer and he gave me the screw from an air cleaner which is about 1/4" longer. Works perfect - just had to paint it black. The 2 end screws seem to be long enough though.

Going to Kentucky Tuesday so will see how the lower (10") windshield works. Hope it works or I'll have to buy a 12". I'd rather have the top of the windshield at eye level.

Back from Kentucky. 10" shield is too low. Will need to buy 12".

Anyone want to buy my 10" Freedom Shield? Extra wide, light grey tint. Perfect condition. Has MARINE vinyl decal but can easily be removed.

Back from Kentucky. 10" shield is too low. Will need to buy 12".

Anyone want to buy my 10" Freedom Shield? Extra wide, light grey tint. Perfect condition. Has MARINE vinyl decal but can easily be remover.

Do you have a pic that you can put on here to view and how much are you asking for this and this means shipping also, also you said extra wide, I presume this is the touring model??

All for now Trampas

Do you have a pic that you can put on here to view and how much are you asking for this and this means shipping also, also you said extra wide, I presume this is the touring model??

All for now Trampas

Yes, it's the touring model. Heading out to the gym right now, I'll take a photo when I get back. $90 plus shipping.

Here's some pics

Attachments

• DSC03389.jpg
    DSC03389.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC03390.jpg
    DSC03390.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC03392.jpg
    DSC03392.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC03393.jpg
    DSC03393.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 960_1529.jpg
    960_1529.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 960_1530.jpg
    960_1530.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 960_1531.jpg
    960_1531.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 960_1533.jpg
    960_1533.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 59
OK. I'll try local minus the shipping.

Including shipping that would have been 27% off list price. The best I can do is $100 including shipping. I can't take any more of a loss than that.

It works fine for under 65 MPH. If I can't sell it, I'll just use it for local rides and change back to the stock shield for long trips.

Thanks for your interest.

OK. I'll try local minus the shipping.

Including shipping that would have been 27% off list price. The best I can do is $100 including shipping. I can't take any more of a loss than that.

It works fine for under 65 MPH. If I can't sell it, I'll just use it for local rides and change back to the stock shield for long trips.

Thanks for your interest.

Are you saying this windshield isn't any good above 65 mph, that is hard to believe, I sometimes go 70 or 75 on the highway, if that is the case my stock works good.

All for now Trampas

Are you saying this windshield isn't any good above 65 mph, that is hard to believe, I sometimes go 70 or 75 on the highway, if that is the case my stock works good.

All for now Trampas

I'm saying the 10" doesn't work for me over 65 mph because I sit too high and the wind blows my glasses around. My eyes are at least 4" above the top of the shield. If I was shorter I'm sure the shield would've been fine. I have the Road Zeppelin air seat and it sits me up even higher.

I also usually travel 75 to 80 mph on the highways. Some times even more (I did 100 a couple times).

My H-D OEM 12" shield is fine for all speeds.

I think a few said try a demo from your dealer, things have changed or at least here, they don't do demo winshields anymore, they lost to many that way, even seats went to the wayside, a person would demo a seat and not bring it back and then have it recovered, cheap way to get a new seat but not right, can't believe the dealer didn't get a name and credit card number in case it didn't come, the parts guy was telling they knew this person and basically had the sheriff go to his house and told that person to return the seat which he did. Being demo seats had demo on it and then a person could recover and be done, not sure if windshields had anything on them or not, but around here they don't do demo's on anything.

All for now Trampas

I got the Freedom Shield 8" Wide Touring two weeks ago...What a difference! I am 5'10" tall with a 32" inseam and my nose is level with the top of the windshield. I get absolutely no wind buffeting and my wife says her helmet doesn't try to blow backwards any more. She said it is much better! I called John at Freedom Shields before I ordered and he asked me all kinds of questions and I with with the 8".

Attachments

• IMG_3281.JPG
    IMG_3281.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 72
Well, I took off the 10" Freedom Shield and put the 12" stock shield back on. As soon as I sell this shield, I'll buy the 12" Freedom Shield. I was really impressed with the quality and design of the Freedom Shield.

For quick sale = $90 includes freight.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png