Roadsmith reverse issues.

Best Trike Reverse Conversion

There are a couple of threads right now on Trike Talk about reverse Motors do a search or you can just Google Harley Davidson reverse motors that will lead you to a lot of places were you can get parts or the whole motor....

I have a 2016 Freewheeler and have problems with my reverse, which gave out once before. After some research I have concluded that a conversion reverse gear seems to be the answer. They are expensive, but I think that's the answer. Do you have any suggestions on the best reverse gear conversion?

I have a 2016 Freewheeler and have problems with my reverse, which gave out once before. After some research I have concluded that a conversion reverse gear seems to be the answer. They are expensive, but I think that's the answer. Do you have any suggestions on the best reverse gear conversion?

Carol first let me welcome you to Trike Talk👌👌👌..

With my 2011 Tri-Glide I put in a mototrike mechanical reverse and it’s very important to use the electrical Cut off wiring harness that comes with the kit so there’s no chance of putting it in first gear while you’re in reverse...I Probably put well over 35,000 miles on the Trike with the mechanical reverse And never had a problem..👍..

So I know it's been a while but I ended up finding a machine shop close to me that Made a new shaft for the gear box and made a brass bushing for the sprocket that meshes with the drive sprocket. I got it back yesterday and installing today.

So, I installed my reverse motor yesterday and it works like its supposed to but I can understand why it doesn't last. When you let off the button going backwards it stops immediately with no drift. That has to be hard on the plastic gear that turns it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png