Finding Ammo

Zammy

20500+ Posts
Reaction score
We have a beautiful indoor gun range 5 minutes from our home, 45 pistol and a 7 lane 100 yd rifle range, the problem is we like to go there often and now I'm starting to get a little low on ammo, 9mm, 380, and 5.56. Locally at all the shops they have absolutely no 9 or 380 FMJ stuff for practice. I'm definitely not using my good Hornady Defense stuff for target practice. I've been looking online and a few places have some really cheapo crap I wouldn't put through my guns for an inflated price, I'll just keep checking everyday I guess. Anyone else having problems getting ammo?

Yeppers... plus I spoke with a local deputy sheriff last Sunday who told me law enforcement is having trouble getting it.

Ammo

Same thing out West......all shops I’ve tried are OUT........what little comes in is sold out within minutes! Things getting scary with Nov. coming up.......

Pete. Pendleton, Oregon

:Coffee:

Last edited:
Gary, try looking at https://ammoseek.com/

Just type in what you are looking for and it will look at any registered vendors to find what you are in need of. It will list it from the cheapest per round price on up...

Good luck!

Last edited:
Same here in SC. Went to four stores and all of them were out of 9mm. Tried Ammoseek.com, but they want an arm and a leg for it. 40 cents a round for 9mm is just too much to me.

Bubba

Talked to some LEOs today at the range, they're being limited on how often they can go and practice due to the shortage. I'm checking every day, sometimes twice a day for ammo on about a dozen different sites like those listed. I guess we're all in the same boat in that regards.

This is a repeat of 2013 where there was a dramatic shortage of ammo and guns for sale for quite awhile after Sandy Hook. 22lr took years before it was readily available and at a more reasonable but not great price. I learned a very important lesson after that and would grab a couple boxes of .45 here, some 9mm there, some bricks of .22lr when I saw them, and of course some 5.56.... I even branched into a new caliber, 300blk. Even though I dont have a huge stockpile, I am comfortable for the time being with both practice and defensive ammo.

This time around though seems like the 2013 run on steroids. The difference this time is that it's about more than the possibility of gun control. Many on the other side of the aisle actually got scared with the Covid lockdown coupled with the hoarding and the subsequent wide spread riots. I know of some who previously were very antigun wake up and see the benefit of gun ownership. So this created a huuuge demand for both ammo and firearms of all types. There is practically nothing available. I think the recovery this time is going to be much, much longer.

I have been lucky with Gander Mountain/ Camping World. I have been able to get what 22 I need and when I ask for 9 I always get 2 boxes of target. I don’t want to break out the reserved stuff, being saved for a needy day.

Is this all being set up for yet another hoarding deal. Reloading powder just got almost back to normal. At least the one I had been out of and no one had for for like forever I was finally able to find and get. So is this going to be side two of the same album?

And as far as reloading, If you werent doing it before, you may be out of luck on that as well. Pretty much all of those components are getting scarce as well. I saw where primers have all but dissapeared. A month or so ago, I decided to just take a look at some 80% receivers just for kicks. Those are in very short supply if you can even find them as well as the jigs to finish them. It is definitely going to take much longer this time before we even get anywhere near normal if ever.

Finally broke down and had my son build me an AR. Now, there's no ammo to be found at a reasonable price. Look every day. Not sure it will get any better after November.

Finally broke down and had my son build me an AR. Now, there's no ammo to be found at a reasonable price. Look every day. Not sure it will get any better after November.

Reasonable price is the kicker, there is NATO stuff, along with 9 and 380 out there if you have to get some, but paying 70-80 cts a round for it is insane.

I've never been a hoarder. Guess they are training me to be just like everyone else. What the hell has happened to America??? That's rhetorical. Democrats happened. Or should I say traitors.:mad::mad::mad:

When I was getting ready to sell my house I ended up selling over 12,000 rounds of 9mm, 40 S&W and .22LR.

I just didn't have room for it. Now kicking myself because I'm low on my inventory and cant find any. When I do find some as everyone has said, overpriced. I've seen 9mm at over .80 per round.

Reactions: MDO
Reloads are looking better and better.ThumbUp

That's what I have been doing for 20 years. I quit for a while, but got back into it.

I reload .380 & .45 ACP, 9mm & .223. A few years back I bought enough powder, bullets & bullets to last me 15 years. The quality, consistency & accuracy of my ammo is better that most factory rounds.

I truly enjoy it.

i started reloading 37 yrs ago always have lots on hand but havent done any in a couple yrs guess I need to start again

Reactions: MDO

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png