NEW Spyder 2020 RT

claimbo

Aug 29, 2020
Laurens, SC USA
I just purchased the 2020 RT LTD. While riding home, I received a fault code on the dash for the suspension. I continued to ride the bike and continued to get the code. Then one day I didn't get a code. Thinking the bike solved its own problem I was happy. Then I went out on a long ride with my wife as a co-rider. The ride was very hard and I found the bike was bottoming out. I have brought the bike back to the dealer but in 4 days of looking, they can't seem to find what is not working. The computers are of no help. Thus far the dealer has not found any discussions about this problem ad is at a loss. My question is this: Has anyone had this or a simular problem with the new 2020? Do you have any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to fix it? Any help I could relay to the dealer would be appreciated.

Oh gee Tom!! Sorry this has happened to you. I have no help for you but wanted to welcome you to TrikeTalk.

Please keep us informed as to what you find out about this problem as it could help other Spyder owners.

Have you checked any of the Spyder owner websites for a possible answer?

Welcome Tom. Try looking on the SpyderLovers forum. Something is definitely not right. Make sure your dealer opens a case with BRP. Some dealers are good, some not so good. Because this happened when you were riding the bike home for the first time, I suspect the dealer did not prep the bike correctly before delivering it to you. Good luck..... Jim

Sounds like the compressor isn't working properly or at all. That whole function of automatically adjusting to weight and road conditions is great but very few dealers have a clue as to what it is or how to fix it. If not just a simple fuse, which I hope you've checked, then I'd look for another dealer if the one you bought it from hasn't fixed it. There's some kind of BRP help thing that gets regional reps involved but I don't know much about it. But you might have to dig into that to get them involved.

I had the auto-leveler (automatic air shock for rear) leak air on my 2017 F3-Ltd, and it had to be replaced. It was actually the airbag of the shock that had a small leak in it. I was out of factory warranty, but my extended warranty cover it.

So you might make sure they checked that out.

I had the auto-leveler (automatic air shock for rear) leak air on my 2017 F3-Ltd, and it had to be replaced. It was actually the airbag of the shock that had a small leak in it. I was out of factory warranty, but my extended warranty cover it.

So you might make sure they checked that out.

Sure is nice to know you are still around. Yesterday I was thinking about how much I enjoyed seeing you & Jan in Arkansas year before last.:wave4:

Sure is nice to know you are still around. I was thinking about how much I enjoyed seeing you & Jan in Arkansas year before last.:wave4:

Yeah, this year has been a bummer for traveling much, so we have stayed close to the house. We make regular day rides around our area, do take out, sit on a bench or rock and just enjoy life as it is. Did do an overnight trip last week to the old Hub location (called Marble Falls Resort, now) up Hwy 7 by Harrison, AR. It was good to get out and ride some roads we haven't been on in a while. I do like to "drop-in" every once and a while to see if my friends are still at it, riding the roads back in Texas! Ride safe, and stay safe, till we meet again........... :scooter:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png