Ah ... Life near the Rockies

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
Last week temps in the Gunnison area were in the 80* range ... Yesterday things got dicey ... temps dropped into the 20's and lots of places got snow dumped ... 3-9". Looks like I may have to do some alternate planning.

The good news ... here in Happy Valley (Grand Junction) we got just rain and wind. Monday was near 100*, yesterday temps dropped to the 40's. Humidity went from 7-10% range to 100%.

I think we may be in for a rough winter ... :AGGHH:

Sounds like the story a buddy of mine told after an elk hunting trip to Colorado some years back. It was 70+ degrees and he was in his T-shirt when he shot his elk. On the same day two hours North of him hunters were being rescued after being snowed in.

I remember flying over the Rockies late at night and looking down at a lone set of headlights winding its way up one of the mountain roads and I just wondered where did they come from and where were they going on that dark and lonely road out there? This was In 65/66....I was headed to SeaTac coming

back from leave! It’s funny what memories can pop up in my head with just the Mention of the Rockies.....

Last week temps in the Gunnison area were in the 80* range ... Yesterday things got dicey ... temps dropped into the 20's and lots of places got snow dumped ... 3-9". Looks like I may have to do some alternate planning.

The good news ... here in Happy Valley (Grand Junction) we got just rain and wind. Monday was near 100*, yesterday temps dropped to the 40's. Humidity went from 7-10% range to 100%.

I think we may be in for a rough winter ... :AGGHH:

I heard Denver was 90 Sunday & Monday, then dropping 60 degrees.

Fuzzy, do you think the snow will help with the fires or is it not in the right location?

I heard Denver was 90 Sunday & Monday, then dropping 60 degrees.

Fuzzy, do you think the snow will help with the fires or is it not in the right location?

The snow is mainly south east Colorado and North East New Mexico ... kind of between Gunnison, Co. and Sante Fe, Nm. The fires are in Northern Colorado.

Having said that, we got a b$tt load of rain here yesterday. It came from North of us so couldn't have hurt the fire fighting efforts ... unless there was lightning :AGGHH:. Last I heard, the Pine Gulch fire (the one closest to me) was contained ... still burning, but, they have it surrounded.

So, with the snow (Surprise!!!!) I'm rerouting my trip through Gallop, NM then to Santa Rosa, NM then south from there ... the rest is a secret ... hehehehe.

P.S. I'm leaving tomorrow, a day later than planned, but doable.:D

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
In the winter this drop in temps would be called a Blue Norther. I don't know whether switch from air conditioning to heating or not. I hate the cold.

Fuzzy, Thanks for sending the cool weather down south. Our high today only got to 92 and I had time to ride the trike this morning for breakfast. First ride in 2 months due to heat. Hope your trip is good..... Jim

In the winter this drop in temps would be called a Blue Norther. I don't know whether switch from air conditioning to heating or not. I hate the cold.

Heat in the house not needed yet but turned it on for a few to see if it would function ok..before maintenance/repair guys get totally swamped with HELP calls and can’t get to me for a month. Seems to be fine.

Heat in the house not needed yet but turned it on for a few to see if it would function ok..before maintenance/repair guys get totally swamped with HELP calls and can’t get to me for a month. Seems to be fine.

Well I went ahead and switched mine yesterday and the darn thing came on. That explained why I was cold then. Temps were only in the lower 50's all day yesterday until the sun finally peaked out. It's warmer this morning 60º that all day yesterday and the heater hasn't come on anymore. I'll have to switch it back today though as the temps are going back up. Like you though, at least I know mine still works. Not too surprised since it was serviced in the Spring when the air conditioning side didn't work. It's been working better than it has in 25 years since we bought the place. That sorta scares me though.

Well I went ahead and switched mine yesterday and the darn thing came on. That explained why I was cold then. Temps were only in the lower 50's all day yesterday until the sun finally peaked out. It's warmer this morning 60º that all day yesterday and the heater hasn't come on anymore. I'll have to switch it back today though as the temps are going back up. Like you though, at least I know mine still works. Not too surprised since it was serviced in the Spring when the air conditioning side didn't work. It's been working better than it has in 25 years since we bought the place. That sorta scares me though.

When it’s 68 degrees in the house in the summer my Wife complains it’s too hot’ Is the air conditioning working??

And then when it’s 68 degrees in the house in the winter she complains it’s cold is the heater working 😱..

When it’s 68 degrees in the house in the summer my Wife complains it’s too hot’ Is the air conditioning working??

And then when it’s 68 degrees in the house in the winter she complains it’s cold is the heater working 😱..

I sorta have that problem only mine is it's ALWAYS too hot no matter what it's set on. Hot flash central here !!! How many more years must I endure??? That's the downside of marrying someone younger than you. Thought I was robbing the cradle nearly but paying for it now.:gah:

I sorta have that problem only mine is it's ALWAYS too hot no matter what it's set on. Hot flash central here !!! How many more years must I endure??? That's the downside of marrying someone younger than you. Thought I was robbing the cradle nearly but paying for it now.:gah:

When i was first married i thought the Wife and I would grow old together....

Well it turns out she's beating me to it....:D....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png