Khrome Werks 2+2 narrow sweepers.

I love the 2+2 narrow sweepers on my 2018, I think the wide would be too wide for me, don’t like to have the bars too far apart, got rid of a bike once because I put KST 12” mayhem bars on, they looked great but we’re way too wide for me.

I have the wide sweepers on my 2016 and I love them i would say I am only 5'7 and no issues with reach. I like the extra width as it gives me more power making the turning easier.

I put the wide sweepers on my bike a few month back, and a month or so back I was out on a favorite road that runs along the Mexican border. Went into a tight right hander with just a little bit too much speed, cranked the bars over and about half way through the turn, rolled on some throttle and the motor reved up but my speed was dropping, and about that time the right wheel hit the pavement. Thought I was going to have to fined some palm fronds to clean my shorts.

I love the 2+2 narrow sweepers on my 2018, I think the wide would be too wide for me, don’t like to have the bars too far apart, got rid of a bike once because I put KST 12” mayhem bars on, they looked great but we’re way too wide for me.

Thanks for that post Colleydog, I was thinking about the KST Customs 12" because I really like how they look too but I need bars that are taller and closer to me and if I have to stretch way out to reach them I think it may negate the benefit. I think I'll go with the 2+2 narrow sweepers again. I loved them on my 14 SGS.

I to have a 2020 tri glide. My main concern is Changing the cables. it looks like the wires will be long enough. Is it something I will need to do?

I don't think you'll need anything but the wire extension kit. I put them on my 2014 SGS and didn't even use the wire extensions. I am going to put them on my 19 Tri Glide and I still have the wire extensions if I need them but you shouldn't have any problems. I would buy the wire extension kit in case you need it. It's pretty cheap (about $25-$35) and better to have them and not need them than the other way around.

I don't think you'll need anything but the wire extension kit. I put them on my 2014 SGS and didn't even use the wire extensions. I am going to put them on my 19 Tri Glide and I still have the wire extensions if I need them but you shouldn't have any problems. I would buy the wire extension kit in case you need it. It's pretty cheap (about $25-$35) and better to have them and not need them than the other way around.

Just put the 2+2 narrow sweeps on my 2020 Tri. All the wires were long enough. The problem I had was the Clutch and Brake line were a little short. Had to run them on top of the bars at the bottom. If you figure a different way of running them or see something I missed. Please let me know. I snipped every tie wrap i could find. The bars are great addition!

Batman825

Batman825
"Has anyone installed the 2+2 narrow sweeps (300519) on a 2016 Tri Glide? I looked on a few web sites and they say it might not fit."

Yes, I installed them on my 2016 about three years ago. Only difficulty I encountered was fishing the wiring through the bars, it was tedious and took a while. I did not use any wire or cable extensions. I did have to clip the cable ties.

I put the wide sweepers on my bike a few month back, and a month or so back I was out on a favorite road that runs along the Mexican border. Went into a tight right hander with just a little bit too much speed, cranked the bars over and about half way through the turn, rolled on some throttle and the motor reved up but my speed was dropping, and about that time the right wheel hit the pavement. Thought I was going to have to fined some palm fronds to clean my shorts.

You did good Ray :clapping:Ride it like it’s stolen !

Batman825

Batman825
"Has anyone installed the 2+2 narrow sweeps (300519) on a 2016 Tri Glide? I looked on a few web sites and they say it might not fit."

Yes, I installed them on my 2016 about three years ago. Only difficulty I encountered was fishing the wiring through the bars, it was tedious and took a while. I did not use any wire or cable extensions. I did have to clip the cable ties.

They will fit. I did not need any extensions. Just ran the clutch cable in back of the fairing in stead of in it. Being I’m cheep , I always look for the alternative. Filled the fairing hole with a toy gummy worm looking out as my angle :angel16:

Just put the 2+2 narrow sweeps on my 2020 Tri. All the wires were long enough. The problem I had was the Clutch and Brake line were a little short. Had to run them on top of the bars at the bottom. If you figure a different way of running them or see something I missed. Please let me know. I snipped every tie wrap i could find. The bars are great addition!

Do you have heated grips on yours? I'm getting ready for a change and want to find out if the heated grips wiring is also long enough.

Nucseal,

I am in the process of installing these and the brake and clutch lines seem a full inch short or more. How did you get the extra length you need? The wires seem to have enough slack I can make it work, but the hoses are a different story. I appreciate any help.

Jeff

Nucseal,

I am in the process of installing these and the brake and clutch lines seem a full inch short or more. How did you get the extra length you need? The wires seem to have enough slack I can make it work, but the hoses are a different story. I appreciate any help.

Jeff

I'm sure Nucseal will reply when he sees your post. But to help you along I thought I'd jump in. I installed the KhromeWerks 2+2 Narrow Sweepers a few months ago. This video was very helpful:

While it is a different bar the process is still the same. He shows you where there are many cable ties that need to be cut to free up the clutch and brake line. After doing so and a little pulling the clutch fit just fine. The front brake however was still very tight and I pulled on it quite a bit but I did get it to fit and everything line up. Hardly any slack in it but since it is attached to the manifold below the neck it moves with the bars and no stress is placed on it when turning.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

Krome Werks Narrow Sweepers

[FONT=&quot]So, I have a 2015 FLRT. The ones I want are: [/FONT] KHROME WERKS [FONT=&quot]Chrome 1 in. Narrow +2 Sweeper 1 in. Handlebar - 300518

but it says they don't fit my 2015. Suggestions?[/FONT]

Krome Werks Narrow Sweepers

Here is a link with all the bars that will fit your FLRT https://www.denniskirk.com/handlebars/2015-harley-davidson-freewheeler-flrt.mmy

Can I ask, have you attempted to adjust your bars back towards you yet or are they just not comfortable?

yes, I have them adjusted. But, still at 5'-2" with short arms, and a backrest pad (added) - I am still about 2" short of feeling 'comfortable' and being able to turn the handlebars without leaning forward a whole bunch. See attached picture showing backrest pad and how far back I sit to drive it.

. 20210130_144445.jpg20210401_131952.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png