What handlebars are you using

I just had a set of the HD Batwing reach bars installed. I basically do not have rotator cuffs in either shoulder and the pain was getting so bad after a few miles that I was considering selling the Tri-Glide, but did some experimenting and found that if I leaned forward enough to keep my elbows slightly bent, it solved the problem, so I had the reach bars installed. BIG improvement.

They do hold my hands at slightly different angles and that will take some getting used to, but they allow me to sit upright instead of leaned slightly forward, and still have my elbows bent. I'm 5'10" and as a side benefit, they push my head back into the sweet spot for the speakers, I can distinctly hear all four of them now. Sitting back farther from the windshield, I did find that my face gets more raindrops than before.

YMMV

Lon

I just had a set of the HD Batwing reach bars installed. I basically do not have rotator cuffs in either shoulder and the pain was getting so bad after a few miles that I was considering selling the Tri-Glide, but did some experimenting and found that if I leaned forward enough to keep my elbows slightly bent, it solved the problem, so I had the reach bars installed. BIG improvement. They do hold my hands at slightly different angles and that will take some getting used to, but they allow me to sit upright instead of leaned slightly forward, and still have my elbows bent. I'm 5'10" and as a side benefit, they push my head back into the sweet spot for the speakers, I can distinctly hear all four of them now. Sitting back farther from the windshield, I did find that my face gets more raindrops than before.

YMMV

Lon
when you get time post a picture of the new bars. I would like to see them. Congratulations I know the feeling the 2+2 wide sweepers worked for me ride safe Fred

I bought the 2+2 wide sweepers but haven't installed them yet.

Getting mixed thoughts on if I have to replace cable, lines and wires.

Seems like I should.

Any idea?

I got the wire extensions ($18) for mine but everything else worked just fine. It's one of the best comfort mods I've made. It's also nice having the clean look with just the brake line and clutch line outside the bars.

I bought the 2+2 wide sweepers but haven't installed them yet.

Getting mixed thoughts on if I have to replace cable, lines and wires.

Seems like I should.

Any idea?

I have no idea what year Trike you are running my old 09' I needed to swap the clutch cable (+6) not hard just time consuming, for a first timer working on one. Everything else worked out fine Wires and brake hoses even the dreaded green connector for the throttle sensor in the right bar. The difference was night and day for me... I also was considering getting rid of the trike because of the misery I was going through riding. It is expensive to have a Harley shop change them Independents are usually more reasonable regardless of how or who does the swap it's in my thinking it's worth it. The alternative is never enjoying the ride for the rest of time you wish to ride. Good luck on your choice think about it and I believe I know what you will do. Ride safe Fred.

DSC01012.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01672.JPG
    DSC01672.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 70
I have no idea what year Trike you are running my old 09' I needed to swap the clutch cable (+6) not hard just time consuming, for a first timer working on one. Everything else worked out fine Wires and brake hoses even the dreaded green connector for the throttle sensor in the right bar. The difference was night and day for me... I also was considering getting rid of the trike because of the misery I was going through riding. It is expensive to have a Harley shop change them Independents are usually more reasonable regardless of how or who does the swap it's in my thinking it's worth it. The alternative is never enjoying the ride for the rest of time you wish to ride. Good luck on your choice think about it and I believe I know what you will do. Ride safe Fred.

View attachment 97507

It's a 2013 TG.

Personally I don't mind a longer clutch cable because it seems to give a smooth and easier pull.

I'm new to anything that has a fairing. Never had anything but a windshield and that comes off for around town. All this tourpak, gauges and radio crap is all new to me.

Coming from a 03 RKC I bought on 05. Shovels and a Pan before that.

I notice the dingle ball bungie cord on your brake handle. Is that your Ebrake?

It's a 2013 TG.

Personally I don't mind a longer clutch cable because it seems to give a smooth and easier pull.

I'm new to anything that has a fairing. Never had anything but a windshield and that comes off for around town. All this tourpak, gauges and radio crap is all new to me.

Coming from a 03 RKC I bought on 05. Shovels and a Pan before that.

I notice the dingle ball bungie cord on your brake handle. Is that your Ebrake?
The small elastic cord is an extra E brake I keep the OEM adjusted but you never know get a shop manual it makes it easy. The manuals are written at the forth grade level LOL

when you get time post a picture of the new bars. I would like to see them. Congratulations I know the feeling the 2+2 wide sweepers worked for me ride safe Fred

Kinda lousy picture, been cloudy and sprinkling here, so took the photo in the bike barn, but you should be able to get the idea.....

Attachments

• NEW BARS.jpg
    NEW BARS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png