• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Voyager Kit Rake or Damper

Reaction score
What has everyone do the Their Front End to lighten the Steering?.

Is it necessary to Rake the Front or would a Steering Damper be sufficient.

All help appreciated. [SUB][SUP][/SUP][/SUB]

Had a local independent Harley mechanic torque the head bearing after greasing. Even with torquing to 45 ft lbs steers much easier in the turns. Big difference to me.

Next spring may order rake kit, but for now is good!

Had a local independent Harley mechanic torque the head bearing after greasing. Even with torquing to 45 ft lbs steers much easier in the turns. Big difference to me.

power of suggestion is a wonderful mind bender!!! unless the bearings were dry and rusty there is no way it made a difference

Laurence, a rake kit is the way to go... you need to contact Randy at Cut-N-Shoot Customs (Papa Zook on here) at 346-800-7946.

power of suggestion is a wonderful mind bender!!! unless the bearings were dry and rusty there is no way it made a difference

Bearings were dry, that was my point, even with increased torque steered easier. Needed to be addressed, next will be rake kit.

I installed a 4.5 degree rake kit on my Tow Pac equipped Goldwing... Made a huge difference and I can still ride on 2 wheels if desired... 6 degree will make steering the easiest but any rake kit you add will make steering easier...

Les

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png