Tremendous Trike Trip

paid4c4

300+ Posts
Mar 28, 2016
Crestview Hills, KY, USA
My last post a while ago explained my decision to retire from two wheels and keep in the wind on a trike. This past weekend a group of friends rode from Northern KY to Townsend, Tennessee to ride the Cherohala Skyway Highway, Foothills Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and Bald River Falls. Out of nine riders I was the only one on a trike, which I didn't mind at all!

My friends had never been on a ride with a trike and didn't know what to expect. When we got to the Tail of the Dragon it was suggested I should sweep (go last) so as not to hold anyone in the group up. I'm the oldest in the group at 71 but most are 55 and above in age so no one is a "power/fast rider." When we finished the Dragon and pulled in to Deal's Gap it was noted that I finished at the same time as the rest.

That night around the fire pit I was told they had under estimated the maneuverability of the Goldwing Trikes. As for me I enjoyed this trip tremendously. I was more relaxed, didn't have to worry about balance, weakness in my legs. The Goldwing is like a couch on wheels with hand, feet and seat warmers. The torque and power of the engine allowed me to handle the twisty turns, sweepers and the Dragon with great control and easy to handle. I am attaching a photo of myself and my Wing at Bald River Falls.

Bill

IMG_0623.jpg

My last post a while ago explained my decision to retire from two wheels and keep in the wind on a trike. This past weekend a group of friends rode from Northern KY to Townsend, Tennessee to ride the Cherohala Skyway Highway, Foothills Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and Bald River Falls. Out of nine riders I was the only one on a trike, which I didn't mind at all! My friends had never been on a ride with a trike and didn't know what to expect. When we got to the Tail of the Dragon it was suggested I should sweep (go last) so as not to hold anyone in the group up. I'm the oldest in the group at 71 but most are 55 and above in age so no one is a "power/fast rider." When we finished the Dragon and pulled in to Deal's Gap it was noted that I finished at the same time as the rest. That night around the fire pit I was told they had under estimated the maneuverability of the Goldwing Trikes. As for me I enjoyed this trip tremendously. I was more relaxed, didn't have to worry about balance, weakness in my legs. The Goldwing is like a couch on wheels with hand, feet and seat warmers. The torque and power of the engine allowed me to handle the twisty turns, sweepers and the Dragon with great control and easy to handle. I am attaching a photo of myself and my Wing at Bald River Falls.

Bill

View attachment 91972

ThumbUp.......................:clapping:....

My last post a while ago explained my decision to retire from two wheels and keep in the wind on a trike. This past weekend a group of friends rode from Northern KY to Townsend, Tennessee to ride the Cherohala Skyway Highway, Foothills Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and Bald River Falls. Out of nine riders I was the only one on a trike, which I didn't mind at all! My friends had never been on a ride with a trike and didn't know what to expect. When we got to the Tail of the Dragon it was suggested I should sweep (go last) so as not to hold anyone in the group up. I'm the oldest in the group at 71 but most are 55 and above in age so no one is a "power/fast rider." When we finished the Dragon and pulled in to Deal's Gap it was noted that I finished at the same time as the rest. That night around the fire pit I was told they had under estimated the maneuverability of the Goldwing Trikes. As for me I enjoyed this trip tremendously. I was more relaxed, didn't have to worry about balance, weakness in my legs. The Goldwing is like a couch on wheels with hand, feet and seat warmers. The torque and power of the engine allowed me to handle the twisty turns, sweepers and the Dragon with great control and easy to handle. I am attaching a photo of myself and my Wing at Bald River Falls.

Bill

View attachment 91972

Give it a few years and you will run away from them in the twisties

Great ride and a very good looking bike. The seat on your trike looks very much like the one I have which is a TS Custom made by Tom Simmons from Arkansas. I have had mine on 2 different Goldwings in the last 12 years. Just curious what your experience has been if the seats are related..... Jim

What kind of jacket are you wearing?? R these the newest Honda colors??? LOL (I know I'm being a smart azz)

I love my Roadsmith trike as well.................BUT I'm going to say that I also learned how to ride a trike, on the "Tail Of The Dragon" as well..........I only had my trike for a week before riding to the tail, and conquering it............This ment either Crash & Burn" on the Tail OR learning how to steer/ride a trike... Wow what a fun trip that was..........

Ronnie

Not everyone has two complete wardrobes ... LOL ... I have lots of Honda and Harley gear ... and ya know ... I wear any of them at any time ... LOL.

I have 50 years of Harley gear and only one short sleeve t-shirt from Honda! Being old and tight (poor) and liking to have fun with people I enjoy wearing my HD gear to my Chapter G meetings. The jacket was gifted to me by my Sister in Law after her husband Kenny passed. He had just bought this nice HD jacket and in my size, I feel Kenny's presence every time I wear the jacket. Also Honda doesn't merchandize clothing and accessories like HD so it isn't as easy to find Honda stuff. I'll have to order some Honda stuff during the winter to be ready for next riding season.

Bill

Great ride and a very good looking bike. The seat on your trike looks very much like the one I have which is a TS Custom made by Tom Simmons from Arkansas. I have had mine on 2 different Goldwings in the last 12 years. Just curious what your experience has been if the seats are related..... Jim

The original owner of my trike had the seat custom covered and made by TS. I still have the receipt and as I remember it wasn't cheap. I love the seat and the material no sweat in the summer and not cold in the winter. It also wicks water away in a hurry. Great seats which Kathy and I both like. The passenger arm rests are in the same material as the seat bottoms.

Bill

The original owner of my trike had the seat custom covered and made by TS. I still have the receipt and as I remember it wasn't cheap. I love the seat and the material no sweat in the summer and not cold in the winter. It also wicks water away in a hurry. Great seats which Kathy and I both like. The passenger arm rests are in the same material as the seat bottoms.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I thought I recognized the seat. I have thousands and thousands of miles on mine over the years with no signs of any wear. Tom makes a quality product..... Jim

Bill

View attachment 91972

Bill, you're like me, what do we do with all the Harley clothes?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png