Tri Glide Gear Indicator

I was wondering why it doesn't show gear position when the clutch is in. (disengaged). It's a goofy indicator and mostly difficult to read anyway. I'm trying to use the tach instead.

I don't use the tach i always shift by ear and feel.....The only time i did use a tach for the shift points was at the drag strips....And that was back in the 60's...

I don't use the tach i always shift by ear and feel.....The only time i did use a tach for the shift points was at the drag strips....And that was back in the 60's...

Agree 100%

What do you mean "the older models" how old?? All the bikes from my 2010 Limited to the present have all shown 6 in the indicator......no light.

David, it doesn't show what gear you're in because you're not in any gear at the moment ........ and it's very easy to see....at least for me.

I seem to remember starting out in 2nd by mistake once and it indicated 2nd gear.

Whatever gear you are in it will show up in the bottom of the Speedometer. However the second you pull the clutch in the gear number disappears. Comes back to light when the clutch is released. Save me many time when I thought I was in 6th gear when I was actually in 5th.

That is the way I do it, by the sound of motor, have been doing that ever since driving bikes, works for cars also, never dragged race in a strip but did alot of street racing and the tach came in handy for that and some times I pushed passed the red line on that with no ill effects, never lost a race either, sure made a few people mad when they drove over an hour to come and see me, we had a stretch on the highway that we used and worked out great. Sure miss those times, everything was good back then, wish somebody would build a time machine, I would go back to the late 60's and 70's for sure.

All for now Trampas

That is the way I do it, by the sound of motor, have been doing that ever since driving bikes, works for cars also, never dragged race in a strip but did alot of street racing and the tach came in handy for that and some times I pushed passed the red line on that with no ill effects, never lost a race either, sure made a few people mad when they drove over an hour to come and see me, we had a stretch on the highway that we used and worked out great. Sure miss those times, everything was good back then, wish somebody would build a time machine, I would go back to the late 60's and 70's for sure.

All for now Trampas

Back in the 50/60's you knew when you went too far over the red line....The valves would Float ....And if you tried to hold it there hoping for a little more speed...There goes the valves...Now days with all the electronics you cant push it past the red line the nanny will stop you and save the engine...

Back in the 50/60's you knew when you went too far over the red line....The valves would Float ....And if you tried to hold it there hoping for a little more speed...There goes the valves...Now days with all the electronics you cant push it past the red line the nanny will stop you and save the engine...

I found that out a couple days ago. First time ever for me = I said "WTF!!" :) :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png