• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

cSc Air Suspension Photos Needed

Reaction score
The Valkyrie suspension setup on my trike has two coil spring shocks and one air shock. The air shock is a Honda 1500 Goldwing shock.

Can anyone supply me a photo without the body?

Ride safe

God bless,

Bob...aka...Gideon

LINEX Gideon 2.jpg

Hi Gideon,

We have look and can't find any good pictures of a Sport trike without the body. Is there a specific question that you need answered that we can help with?

The Air Shock will not hold air.

The air valve is on the left side below the seat when siting on the Trike.

Can the airline be repaired/replaced without removing the body?

Will I damage the “Air Shock” if I continue to ride the Trike?

If the body needs to come off, would you suggest changing to different suspension system?

How is cSc converting older Valkyries now?

Do you still use a Honda Air Shock?

Thank you for your reply.

Hi Gideon,

I will attempt to answer your questions in order, but first an FYI. What you are calling the air shock is not actually a shock at all. It is simply a helper air spring. It does not do any actual damping. It is in fact the original Honda air spring from a 1500 Goldwing that we used to purchase new from Honda to supply with the Valkyrie kits.

1. Yes you can repair the air line while the body is still on the trike.

2. No you will not damage the air spring if you continue to ride the trike.

3. I would definitely not suggest changing to a different suspension system. We do not offer any other suspension for a Valkyrie, and I don't think there is any need to do that if the rest of the components are still in good shape.

4. Unfortunately we don't convert Valkyries any more. We have not offered a Valkyrie kit for at least 10 years as there just isn't any more demand.

5. All of the Valkyrie kits that we manufactured over the years used the air spring.

You can repair your air line simply by removing the fittings from the shrader valve and the spring and cutting about a half an inch from each end of the air line. This will remove the old crimped part of the line. Then just reassemble. That should fix your leak for another 20 years. If by chance it doesn't fix it we have replacement air line and fittings in house.

I hope this helps.

Good News, nothing wrong with the suspension ! :clapping:

My local dealer picked up my trike this past Tuesday. They checked the air pressure and found it to be 42lb.

They also did the soapy water test and did not find any leaks. Checked it again this morning, still 42lb.

The cost for pickup and delivery plus service charge will be more than what I will spend for a new Precision Air Fork/ShockGage. But now I have peace of mind.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png