Rear Brake Pads

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
My 2015 FW has 35,500 miles and original rear brake pads. Changed the front pads at about 27,000 miles and they still had lots of pad left. In checking per the trike service manual instructions the rear brake pad wear indicator tabs are still sticking out past the caliper surface indicating there is still good pad thickness remaining. Are these wear indicator tabs pretty accurate or should I go ahead and pull a wheel to check?

Sunman

My 2015 FW has 35,500 miles and original rear brake pads. Changed the front pads at about 27,000 miles and they still had lots of pad left. In checking per the trike service manual instructions the rear brake pad wear indicator tabs are still sticking out past the caliper surface indicating there is still good pad thickness remaining. Are these wear indicator tabs pretty accurate or should I go ahead and pull a wheel to check?

Sunman

When in doubt ' Take a closer look you'll feel better ThumbUp...

Yesterday pulled wheels off and checked rear brake pads. Just under 50% remaining at 35,500 miles. Had new set of EBC pads so went ahead and replaced them anyway. Also checked belt for damage but all looked good. Most of my miles are road miles with little stop and go so guess that explains the good wear on the pads. Did notice that the EBC pads do not have the wear indicator tabs like the OEM pads have.

Sunman.

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png