Heated grips and seats gold wing 2008

Have a 2008 Goldwing Champion trike. My heated grips and seats are not working, husband checked fuses and they are fine. Any suggestions?

Have him check for relays ... if I remember there is a relay for those. Also, maybe clean the switches with contact cleaner ... Gold Wings are known for those getting dirty or corroded.

I think if there is a problem with the grips the seat doesn't work either.Seems like its usually 1 grip but I can't remember which it is most often.

I think if there is a problem with the grips the seat doesn't work either.Seems like its usually 1 grip but I can't remember which it is most often.

I replaced my heated seat with a custom seat w/o heat. I found that unplugging the seat resulted in loosing the grip heat. There was a dummy load that I had to install in the seat plug in order to get the grip heaters working again. Point is, it looks like the grip and seat heaters are ALL tied together and if one part goes bad, none of them work. This makes it hard to troubleshoot. But as suggested, start with the relay and go from there. Good luck..... Jim

Good info too know here: Just in case it does happen to any one of us............

I just put my Goldwing into it's hibernation mode yesterday 10/27/20 (so no heated seat or grips will be needed this season)

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png