New tires correct position

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
Just bought new rear tires for the CSC. Two questions. The wheels have ten holes for the five studs. Five holes have a kind of recess, five are just regular holes. Does it matter which five I use? And one wheel has an L in marker ink on it and the other an R, does it matter which side they go on?

Gerald

Just bought new rear tires for the CSC. Two questions. The wheels have ten holes for the five studs. Five holes have a kind of recess, five are just regular holes. Does it matter which five I use? And one wheel has an L in marker ink on it and the other an R, does it matter which side they go on?

Gerald

I would think ''L'' Is left......''R'' Is right..... Where did you get the wheels and tires from....:Shrug:...

I would think ''L'' Is left......''R'' Is right..... Where did you get the wheels and tires from....:Shrug:...

Tires from Discount Tire, same size as original and the wheels are original as well from CSC. The question is, does it matter which side the wheels go to.

Did you purchase wheels and tires? If the wheels are stamped Land R they will be directional for air flow to the brakes. What kind of lug nuts did you take off?

You should have dimpled holes to accommodate the lug nuts. Don't know what the other holes are all about. Unless you have directional tires it makes no difference which side, L or R you install the wheels on. Your wheels should be the same. Just check to see if you have directional tires and mount accordingly..... Jim

Did you purchase wheels and tires? If the wheels are stamped Land R they will be directional for air flow to the brakes. What kind of lug nuts did you take off?

The trikes wheels and lug nuts are original CSC components, tires are new as of today. The wheels are not stamped, just marker ink.

The trikes wheels and lug nuts are original CSC components, tires are new as of today. The wheels are not stamped, just marker ink.

I would think if they went and marked them Left and Right that the way they go...

Just to add sometimes theirs a little arrow on the sidewalls to show the direction of rotation

If you are not sure call them to ease your mind...

Last edited:
Job done

I would think if they went and marked them Left and Right that the way they go...

Just to add sometimes theirs a little arrow on the sidewalls to show the direction of rotation

If you are not sure call them to ease your mind...

The ten holes; five have “dimples” and look like those would be the ones to use. But they are very, very slightly further from center, just enough to be almost unnoticeable. The other five are closer to center. Once I got the tires inside the wheel well, the rest was easy. One thing to do differently; do one side at a time and don’t lift the entire rear.

Thanks for the help

Gerald

The ten holes; five have “dimples” and look like those would be the ones to use. But they are very, very slightly further from center, just enough to be almost unnoticeable. The other five are closer to center. Once I got the tires inside the wheel well, the rest was easy. One thing to do differently; do one side at a time and don’t lift the entire rear.

Thanks for the help

Gerald

Be sure to recheck the torque on the lug nuts after about 50 miles;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png