Higher profile tires on 2022 Harley Trike

Vin

30+ Posts
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone put higher profile tires on Harley trike that has ABS and traction control? The owner's manual says not to do this since it has wheel speed sensors and would adversely affect the ABS and traction control. I have the extra wheels and higher profile tires that were on the 2016 Trike I traded in which did not have ABS. Was not as issue on the 2016.

If any has, were there any adverse effects?

Hi,

Has anyone put higher profile tires on Harley trike that has ABS and traction control? The owner's manual says not to do this since it has wheel speed sensors and would adversely affect the ABS and traction control. I have the extra wheels and higher profile tires that were on the 2016 Trike I traded in which did not have ABS. Was not as issue on the 2016.

If any has, were there any adverse effects?

Vin ..Is your 2022 Trike a CVO ..?? If so they are set up from the factory with low profile tires and wheels. I imagine using a higher profile tires and wheels .Will Set off a lot of flashing warning lights….??

• Thanks
Reactions: Vin
The taller tires will surely throw the ABS and traction control off, the computer and BCM would set a fault code

• Thanks
Vin ..Is your 2022 Trike a CVO ..?? If so they are set up from the factory with low profile tires and wheels. I imagine using a higher profile tires and wheels .Will Set off a lot of flashing warning lights….??

No, it's not a CVO. Thanks for the reply. They are set up at the factory that way. Wonder if the dealer could reprogram mine to accept taller tires... I'll have to ask.

The taller tires will surely throw the ABS and traction control off, the computer and BCM would set a fault code

I agree. I'll see if the dealer can reprogram it to not set it off. Also, I'll check if they can put a 32 front sprocket in to replace the 30. Thanks for the info.

I am not so certain about this.

As an example, my 2021 was an Ultra Limited, has ABS and RDRS. I converted it to a trike - which now has 17-inch wheels.

The CSC can handle 17 inches, not sure the TriGlide can. Regardless, it did not cause any fault codes and noting was changed.

• Thanks

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png