All things mus come to an end?

MB1953

450+ Posts
Reaction score
Well, I never thought that it would come to this, but I am leaving the motorcycle-riding friendly state of Florida. I moved down here 20 years ago, leaving Detroit and the auto industry behind to work in the space launch industry. Had a wonderful time, and rode some memorable rides with a lot of memorable (and a few not so) people. I am retiring in early December, and though a lot of people retire and move to Florida, I am retiring and moving out of Florida, and north to Indiana. When asked why, the answer is simple; I have no family here, but my wife has 3 kids who live in Indiana, and with them come 6 grandkids and two greatgrandkids.

Spending the first 45 years of my life up north, I already know what to expect. I won't be riding year-round, but come spring I will have the shiniest ride in town! I will update as I get there. Anyone in the vicinity of Peru or Kokomo, give me a shout and we can touch base.

Well, if ya hurry, you can ride this weekend lololol.high 60's - low 70's.. :D Not that far from Dayton,Oh. There is a great dealer in Richmond,In. Have met a couple people there that come down to this Dealer rather than the one in Kokomo. We go there rather than the one 5 miles away. Small Dealership been in business over 50 yrs.

Good luck with your move. I hope you have so much fun with your wife, the kids, grandkids and great grandkids that you don't miss the Florida weather. :cold:

Well, I never thought that it would come to this, but I am leaving the motorcycle-riding friendly state of Florida. I moved down here 20 years ago, leaving Detroit and the auto industry behind to work in the space launch industry. Had a wonderful time, and rode some memorable rides with a lot of memorable (and a few not so) people. I am retiring in early December, and though a lot of people retire and move to Florida, I am retiring and moving out of Florida, and north to Indiana. When asked why, the answer is simple; I have no family here, but my wife has 3 kids who live in Indiana, and with them come 6 grandkids and two greatgrandkids.

Spending the first 45 years of my life up north, I already know what to expect. I won't be riding year-round, but come spring I will have the shiniest ride in town! I will update as I get there. Anyone in the vicinity of Peru or Kokomo, give me a shout and we can touch base.

Good luck.

Sounds just like my story spent first 40 yrs in New Hampshire moved to so Florida 20 yrs ago and like you I have no plans on retiring her in Florida So as soon as I can I’m out back home to 5 kids and 8 grand kids

Mark, enjoy your retirement and best of luck with the move, congrats !!!

Well, if ya hurry, you can ride this weekend lololol.high 60's - low 70's.. :D Not that far from Dayton,Oh. There is a great dealer in Richmond,In. Have met a couple people there that come down to this Dealer rather than the one in Kokomo. We go there rather than the one 5 miles away. Small Dealership been in business over 50 yrs.

Bill, been to the Kokomo dealership and came away a bit unimpressed. I will have to checkout the Richmond dealership, thanks for the tip. I have been to Brandt's in Wabash and I liked what I saw there, as well as the one in Fishers. Thanks for the tip!

Good move

You have to do what's in your heart simple as that. Family is where it's at. Fred

Bill, been to the Kokomo dealership and came away a bit unimpressed. I will have to checkout the Richmond dealership, thanks for the tip. I have been to Brandt's in Wabash and I liked what I saw there, as well as the one in Fishers. Thanks for the tip!

Let us know when you get here. Will try to meet up for a ride. That Dealer impressed us so much,we have bought 4 bikes from them. They also have the best labor rates around & are very honest to deal with. Best of luck on the move. We moved back here after 30 yrs in the Blue Ridge of Va. Have you decided where in Ind., you will be ?

Let us know when you get here. Will try to meet up for a ride. That Dealer impressed us so much,we have bought 4 bikes from them. They also have the best labor rates around & are very honest to deal with. Best of luck on the move. We moved back here after 30 yrs in the Blue Ridge of Va. Have you decided where in Ind., you will be ?

Going to be moving to Peru, IN... just north of Kokomo and south of South Bend. Wife's 3 kids all live close to there. She is already there; bought us a house that I have not even seen, except for pictures. It does have a 2 3/4 car garage, so her car, my truck and the bikes have a place! I should be relocated before Christmas. I will let you know... I have no problem riding in 30* temps, and rode in the snow when I lived up north:Santa:

RE....TIRED. Yep, you get tired all over again because of all the things you end up doing or have needed done for years. It isn't for the weak, that's for sure. But you will enjoy it much more than what you retire from. Well, most do anyway.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png