Parking Brake for 1800 (2004) Trike

The Wolf

TOI - Scotland
Reaction score
Hello guys. I have been sending Champion emails in relation to a parking brake kit but have been getting no answer. Is there anyone at home in the factory or office?

This is for a Goldwing 1800 2004 Trike

Can anyone help me with the correct parts?

TIA,

Jake

Save yourself some money. Take a zip tie and put it around the front brake handle when you stop. Use one of the reservoirs for the right size and you have a place to store it.

Jake, Champion/Lehman closed their business in Dec 2019 so as far as I know there are no spare parts available. I was told that there is a company that may have bought the body molds and the designs for a couple of their most popular models, the Harley FLs and possibly the Honda Goldwings but cant confirm that for sure.

Champion And Lehman Trikes is now owned by Champion Trikes of Arizona. The parts were sold to D & D motorcycles.

Here is the address:

Champion Trikes of Arizona,

9475 48th Street Suite 109,

Tempe, AZ

Phone 1 480 597-3444

This information is from the Champion Trike Website.

[FONT=&quot] HAMPION TRI[/FONT][FONT=&quot]CHAMPION TRIKES OF ARIZONA[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]947 S. 48th St Suite 10

9[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tempe, AZ 85281[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]480-597-3444[/FONT][FONT=&quot]RIZONA[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]947 S. 48th St Suite 109[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tempe, AZ 85281[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]480-597-3444[/FONT]

Hello guys. I have been sending Champion emails in relation to a parking brake kit but have been getting no answer. Is there anyone at home in the factory or office?

This is for a Goldwing 1800 2004 Trike

Can anyone help me with the correct parts?

TIA,

Jake

Jake, Post some pictures of what you have and what you are needing.

Post the pictures under 200KB so that they upload.:Shrug:

Save yourself some money. Take a zip tie and put it around the front brake handle when you stop. Use one of the reservoirs for the right size and you have a place to store it.

We are not allowed to do this in our country. we must have a parking/emergency brake fitted or your trike will not be allowed on the road. If you are found to be on the road without the necessary brake they can take it and crush it.

Jake, Post some pictures of what you have and what you are needing.

Post the pictures under 200KB so that they upload.:Shrug:

What is required is a hand brake similar to what CSC has on their trikes. Champion do offer this but unfortunately cannot get any info from them....

Jake, Champion/Lehman closed their business in Dec 2019 so as far as I know there are no spare parts available. I was told that there is a company that may have bought the body molds and the designs for a couple of their most popular models, the Harley FLs and possibly the Honda Goldwings but cant confirm that for sure.

Thanks Zook. Will scout for something

Jake, have a look here and drop them a line;)

https://www.bulletbrake.com/#training

According to USDOT and most MOT standards a parking brake MUST be mechanical in nature. The hydraulic type may work just as well but will not fit these standards. If that were the case, Harley-Davidson and many other trike kit manufacturers, as well as the automotive industry, would have incorporated a similar design a long time ago.

They may incorporate electric motors to actuate but they must be able to hold without loss of power or hydraulic pressure.

In the UK, Three-wheeled vehicles only require a parking brake on one wheel, at the wheel.

j2czcQYKRO5Q6KYq1n22-NXTxT3DDeRjzlByX3iyx-0F0nIvfKgzSPwb_OvXcoxvlCWcyRJozqvgbwzandlVrhpD0sy1a43ZifRbbL89ow

Jake

Just got off the phone with Champion Trikes of Arizona. They recently purchased the Champion and Lehman line from Champion Investments, Inc. of Garden Grove, California. They are located in Mesa, Arizona. They do not have any brake kits in stock at this time. They are supposed to E-Mail me back with information on price and availability. Champion Trikes of Arizona is owned by D & D Motorsports of Arizona.

Crush it? I hope you're joking:Joker3:

We are not allowed to do this in our country. we must have a parking/emergency brake fitted or your trike will not be allowed on the road. If you are found to be on the road without the necessary brake they can take it and crush it.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png