The Official 2021 Lubrication Thread

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
It's that time of the year... For my friend Jack K. I am starting The Official 2021 Lubrication Thread.

What are you using and why, including filters. In the engine, I alternative.between Redline & Lucas full synthetic 20W50 and like them both. Its a good thing, because I have a lot of both.

I also have K&N oil filters, HD oil filters & Mobile 1. I have not got to try the new HD M8. I have no complaint an any, but that nut on the K&N sure is convenient for removal/installation.

I currently have Redline Shockproof in the tranny & for me, while others are good, it just provides the best shifting. The primary currently has HD Formula Plus, but will change to Redline Primary fluid at the next service.

I also have a K&N air filter in the stock box & am happy with its performance and washable design.

I use their spray on oil and its very convenient.

If there are any errors, I apologise in advance, but I can't edit my posts.

Pssst... that half dressed lass in the ads for the trick oil with the trendy names ain't coming to your house. Buy wisely or be a sucker- your choice. Ultralube 20W50 Full Synthetic V Twin oil. Ultralube Synthetic Gear Oil 80W-140, Gl5, in 5gal buckets made in USA. Get it on fleabay delivered to your door.

Cool thread MDO, and I'm sure Jack likes it. :D

I'm running Redline in the engine and the trans. Syn3 in the primary. This is the best combination I have found to date for my riding. I have not tried the new HD oil yet.

I'm running an Outlaw Performance Oil Filter with a relocation kit. Better filtration, less oil pump drag, runs cooler and is FAR easier to change.

Running a K&N filter in an Outlaw 606 Air Cleaner. I use the K&N recharge kit to clean and oil the filter. Improved Performance and Lifetime Warranty.

Kevin

I have been an Amsoil fan since the 70s, when I was racing sports cars. My engine held only 3 quarts and soon over heated and I had to replace bearings every two races. Switching to Amsoil solved the over heating so I decide to not change bearings until seasons end. Looked at the bearings and put them back in until the end of the next season, then saved them as spares! Never saw an engine that clean. I have 95k Amsoil miles on my trike and it's never been in the shop. My only complaint is that it transfers more heat from the engine to my leg.:D

Last 4/5 HD’s I’ve run Liqui Moly 10w/60. For me it is a great oil, definitely helps keep the motor quieter. The 18 tri never made it past 3000 miles before I traded it in, too many problems. There was a massive article on this oil on HTT, with good results, but this is an oil thread, lol.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png