Ryker Rally With A Few Accessories Added (Picture Heavy)

RykerRick

Reaction score
I purchased the Ryker Rally in July and I'm glad to report no issues with it so far. Coming from 2 wheelers, I'm really enjoying it, and the different feel that it offers. Since they dont come with much storage (little trunk), the first thing I added was some luggage. Then a few accessories like a Garmin Zumo GPS, drink holder, Garmin Dash Cam Mini, Ram X Grip, some black steel wolf emblems and a couple of other items. I've been using it mostly for local riding. I had plans to ride to the Smoky Mountains this past week, but due to Covid running at an all time high, I decided to cancel this years trip.

I did a couple of 300 mile rides south (Lake Okeechobee area), and a 360 mile ride north to the Ocala National Forest, Lake Kerr & Salt Springs, those have been about the longest rides on it so far. With the adjustable foot brake, foot pegs & handlebars, the ergonomics have been very comfortable. It still has the factory seat and I carried an Airhawk on the Ocala trip just in case, but it wasnt needed. Its been a lot of fun for me, so its a keeper.

I purchased the Ryker Rally in July and I'm glad to report no issues with it so far. Coming from 2 wheelers, I'm really enjoying it, and the different feel that it offers. Since they dont come with much storage (little frunk), the first thing I added was some luggage. Then a few accessories like a Garmin Zumo GPS, drink holder, Garmin Dash Cam Mini, Ram X Grip, some black steel wolf emblems and a couple of other items. I've been using it mostly for local riding. I had plans to ride to the Smoky Mountains this past week, but due to Covid running at an all time high, I decided to cancel this years trip.

I did a couple of 300 mile rides south (Lake Okeechobee area), and a 360 mile ride north to the Ocala National Forest, Lake Kerr & Salt Springs, those have been about the longest rides on it so far. With the adjustable foot brake, foot pegs & handlebars, the ergonomics have been very comfortable. It still has the factory seat and I carried an Airhawk on the Ocala trip just in case, but it wasnt needed. Its been a lot of fun for me, so its a keeper.

👍👍👌.....

Thanks. Well some not so good news. We let the cat (former feral cat that we've been feeding for the last 4 years) in the garage to shelter from tropical storm Eta last night. We've done this in the past and its never been a problem (litter box and all). Well the cat shredded my seat, apparently using it as its scratching post. I've decided I might as well upgrade to the comfort seat, now that I have to get a new one.

Thanks. Well some not so good news. We let the cat (former feral cat that we've been feeding for the last 4 years) in the garage to shelter from tropical storm Eta last night. We've done this in the past and its never been a problem (litter box and all). Well the cat shredded my seat, apparently using it as its scratching post. I've decided I might as well upgrade to the comfort seat, now that I have to get a new one.

I think I'd also look into a new cat! LOL :gah:

Well that's a shame but a more comfortable seat is a good thing. Our feral cat just sprays everything so not sure which is worse. That stuff is hard to get off things. And I do consider some Chinese dish now and then.

Take it to a seat shop and get it fixed. You may not like the comfort seat.

Well that's a shame but a more comfortable seat is a good thing. Our feral cat just sprays everything so not sure which is worse. That stuff is hard to get off things. And I do consider some Chinese dish now and then.

A cat that sprays is tough to put up with. I too like chinese, I think I even made a similar comment to my wife the night it happened, she didnt appreciate it very much..LOL. Here in our county the local humane society captures stray cats and spays or neuter's them, gives them all their shots, clips their left ear for identification purposes, and then releases them back in the wild where they picked it up at. This one has her ear clipped.

I received the new upgraded seat today and I like it much better. They definitely use a denser foam in its construction. Its a little thicker & considerably firmer, which should be better for those long distance rides. The original was pretty comfortable, just a little too soft.

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what backrest is on this... I installed a top box on my Ryker and would like to put a backrest on it

thanks,

Byron

backrest.jpg

I now ride a Honda Goldwing TRIKE (77,500 miles) on it, {knock on wood, it's still running great :dance:} But if anything happens to it, I will, myself, purchase a new Can Am Trike.........I've test ridden them and can say that I really liked it, and the "best" part is that I have a Can Am dealer just a few miles from my home..... I can walk back home, if anything happens, and it has to be repaired.....:scooter: Voom, Voom away we go.......

Ronnie

1/14/24

That factored into my decision too, in the last ten years or so we've lost a Moto Guzzi\Aprilia dealer, 2 Suzuki dealers within 50 miles, the Triumph Ducati BMW dealer. Yamaha\Can Am and Honda\Kawasaki is all we have left within several hundred miles. I found my Ryker used at our local Yamaha Can Am powersports outlet.

I now ride a Honda Goldwing TRIKE (77,500 miles) on it, {knock on wood, it's still running great :dance:} But if anything happens to it, I will, myself, purchase a new Can Am Trike.........I've test ridden them and can say that I really liked it, and the "best" part is that I have a Can Am dealer just a few miles from my home..... I can walk back home, if anything happens, and it has to be repaired.....:scooter: Voom, Voom away we go.......

Ronnie

1/14/24

What dealer are you talking about Ronnie ?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png