• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Blocked radiator and condenser

Reaction score
B3BEAEBB-F8CF-4DEF-AD13-023A6F3B1310.jpgI had noticed that the cooling fan was kicking in awful quickly but I hadn’t owned it very long and thought maybe it was just the nature of it. So I had to do some repairs to the back of the inside trunk so I took it all apart. After I got it apart I noticed the condenser was full of grass clippings! So I decided to take the radiator out and clean it. Very glad I did cause the radiator was full of leaves and grass! I noticed that there is a space between the radiator and condenser and the grass and leaves were being sucked between the two and plugging up where the fan is sucking air through. So after cleaning it all out I put foam in between them on each side to block the gap so nothing can get sucked past it. I also bolted a screen to the front of the condenser to help keep it from sticking in the condenser. I will try to post pics of before and after of what I found and fixed. I got 1 pic but can’t get the other 2

I have had my Stallion over 12 years, and have done most of my own work, but have never touched the radiator or condenser, other than flushing. What is involved with removing the radiator? Looks to be a difficult job, from the looks of things.

I have had my Stallion over 12 years, and have done most of my own work, but have never touched the radiator or condenser, other than flushing. What is involved with removing the radiator? Looks to be a difficult job, from the looks of things.

sorry I haven’t been on here in a while but it is not that bad really! If you jack up the rear end and block the frame remove the rear wheels and you can remove the lower frame surrounding the radiator then you can remove the radiator from the bottom the worst part is separating the brake line as it runs through the lower frame. Hope that helps.

sorry I haven’t been on here in a while but it is not that bad really! If you jack up the rear end and block the frame remove the rear wheels and you can remove the lower frame surrounding the radiator then you can remove the radiator from the bottom the worst part is separating the brake line as it runs through the lower frame. Hope that helps.

Gene thank you for the post. Yes that is good information for all.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png