I have a question?

Bubber

450+ Posts
Jan 8, 2020
North Branch, Minn, USA
Not to be morbid but: who is being cremated Vs having a funeral?

I personally think cremation has got to hurt no matter how dead you are.

Some people say I'll be very warm where ever you go!

Not sure what they meant by that? Sarcasm I think??????

Not to be morbid but: who is being cremated Vs having a funeral?

I personally think cremation has got to hurt no matter how dead you are.

Some people say I'll be very warm where ever you go!

Not sure what they meant by that? Sarcasm I think??????

I had that discussion with my Wife ....And i told her that when the time comes i want to be cremated '' And she agreed , So she made an appointment for me for next Tuesday...

I had that discussion with my Wife ....And i told her that when the time comes i want to be cremated '' And she agreed , So she made an appointment for me for next Tuesday...

Grandma Grumpy has been building a pile of kindling wood for the past year .......... :laugh:

The Misses and I have informed our 2 daughters that we both want to be cremated, they're the only family we have left. We decided a couple of years ago on that route after a sit down with the kids about when it comes to that time.

I have told my wife that I want to be cremated. and have told the kids after both of us are gone, we want to be scattered at sea from the bridge of a submarine.

Very interesting replies.

I am in favor of a funeral but think the expense is ridiculous.

On the other hand a cremation may be less but seems like a anti-climax to one's life.

If I could be sealed in metal urn and placed in some majestic location like on the Rocky Mountains in Yellowstone I would be OK with that.

Or are we just fooling ourselves about our physical body and not considering our soul?

I would hate to believe that this is all there is and there is no final reward where we can meet up with our past relatives, mother, father, grand parents, brothers and sisters etc.

We all need to have something to believe in. So if your going to post that this is it and there is no more, please don't waste your time or anyone else's. You are welcome to your opinion and that's OK with me, but I have already decided that there is more and when the time comes I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. It is my way of being positive in a very uncertain world of today.

If the moderators would like to close this thread that is OK with me too.

I have made up my mind and thanks for sharing your point of view, mine became more clearer as I read your replies.

Thanks again

Bubber

Be Careful not to inflame your mind ..................:D

You know with the latest news of my brother I have been thinking about this thread. After I give up this life my body is of no importance to my spirt. I pray the good lord takes home to be with my brothers. Living here sorta sucks.

You know with the latest news of my brother I have been thinking about this thread. After I give up this life my body is of no importance to my spirt. I pray the good lord takes home to be with my brothers. Living here sorta sucks.

I agree Fred. My daughter was an organ donor. When she died they harvested her eyes. This gave another person another chance at sight. The organ bank notified us of the gift of sight and sent a pin in the mail. I too would sign up in a minute but my old body is about wore slap out.

Bubba,

Here is one more.

My wife and I are planning to be cremated.

I told the kids if I die first to put me in a Mason jar and place me under the kitchen sink.

When my wife passes, they can do the same with her. Then on a real nice sunny day, take the two jars out into the backyard and sprinkle them on the grass so that I could have one last roll in the grass with her.

I know that some Christians are against cremation. However, It says in Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” If God did it once He can do it again.

Cremation, I told the wife no service. In this town we are very close to the train tracks with an overhead bridge. That is where I told the mortician to be when he distributes the ashes on a North bound train.

Still it is $2600 just for them to do this.

I remember when I was a kid every Memorial day we would visit all the family member graves. No one does that anymore I guess. No one has the time.

Burning and dusting just seems to be the right way to go. If you don't remember me a headstone and grave won't change that. Not being morbid.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png